Sunday, July 21, 2013

Crazyness in the yellow house

This week can be summed up by getting up around 6:00, working for two hours, working on the house, going to town to get supplies, hope the kids can get food for themselves and not stopping until midnight. Yes, we found out that even though we have three weeks until our closing date, everything has to be done by Saturday. ONE WEEK! We have masked, primed, painted, painted some more, hung doors, tiled, flooring, trimmed....! Not done with one single thing except masking and hanging doors. We tried to be done with painting last night but it got dark and then we ran out of paint with about 10 square feet to go! Tomorrow we are on to grouting, shingling, trim and hopefully finishing the flooring in the boys room. Anyone want to come? We have so much fun! :) One last thought. Why do people have such strong reactions to a yellow house? For crying out loud it isn't orange or purple! It is just a yellow house. Some people really LOVE it and then I have to hear comments like "My husband said 'Why did they side it with yellow'?" and three people have told me, "It is just so Megan". I am really not a person who cares what others think, but I also don't want to hear it. That is why I never told people what names I was going to name my kids. I didn't care what their opinion was, what they had to say about it, and didn't want to hear it. But, once you side your house, the secret is out and people want to tell you their opinion. I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier with the color but am shocked at the strong feelings toward the cheerful little color! Shocked, really, that people care so much about a color of house that isn't theirs. Just a little interesting tidbit for the week! Love you all!
P.S. only one egg hatched. Chicky Wicky is the name. He acts like no chicken I have ever seen. Instead of trying to get away from humans it chirps until we walk over to the brooder and then runs to us with his/her little wings flapping. The thing loves to be held and I always think of the book "are you my mother?" when I pick it up. I think it is very, sadly, confused.

3 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE Your yellow house!!! I think it is the perfect shade of yellow! I wish i was there to help you out! That sounds very stressful! maybe after Saturday you can send me some pics! :)
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so wish I was there helping you! I'm sorry you have to listen to everyone's opinion on your house..... I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow too! I read a quote the other day- it went something like this: "What other people think of you is none of your business." HaHa! Hope all is going well finishing up everything on your house. So fun! Can't wait to see the finished pictures :)

    ReplyDelete