Sunday, November 10, 2013

One Year Older and Wiser Too....

Jon turned 11 this week.  He requested Fancy Spaghetti for dinner and Oreo Pie for dessert.  Jon is definitely our carb lover.  He loves bread, chips, pasta, chewy cookies, and crunchy granola bars.  He completed his Arrow of Light award in Webelos and is now starting in the 11 yr. old boy scout program.  They went on a campout this past weekend and had a lot of fun even though he ended up not feeling well while they were there.  Taylor went on the campout too.  They had BB Guns, Firebuilding, and a bunch of other activities that the boys were super excited about.
 
 
 
Saturday there was a Stake Leadership Training Meeting.  I am so glad that I went!  The Stake Primary President gave an awesome presentation and I am feeling good about this upcoming year in Primary.  The things she shared seemed like they were just for me.
 
Speaking of Primary.....our Primary Program was today!  Everyone did a fantastic job and it actually turned out a lot better than I was anticipating :)  I was very proud of all the kids and their hard work on their parts and the songs.  It was so neat to see so many children- even a Sunbeam- that had their parts memorized.  As I was sitting up on the stand singing along with one of the songs, I looked out at the audience and saw Taylor.  He was singing along with the song too and I realized that this was the first year he wasn't part of the Program.  It made me sad.  Where has the time gone?! 
 
And this didn't help either- 
JC Penney's was having a really awesome sale on suits last week so we got both Taylor and Jon a suit- only $13 each!!  What a deal!!  They look so grown up in them- like little missionaries :) 
 
We've had some sickness (fever, rash, sore throat, etc.) making its way through our family.  It started out with Levi a few days ago and then Max got it yesterday, so he (and Tyler) missed the Program today :(  Hopefully no-one else gets it. 
 
Tyler made it through the first week of wrestling and says it's going great.  He is glad to have 2 volunteer coaches that were both All-American Wrestlers to help him out.  Their first meet is this Friday, so they're gearing up for that.     
 
We are all excited for a day off tomorrow and are extremely grateful to all of the veterans past and present who have served and are serving our country and allow us to have the freedoms that we enjoy.   

3 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. What a great feeling to have a primary program go so well. It's just the best place to serve in the church, isn't it:) I love primary. The boys look awesome in their suits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to sweet little Jon! His bday dinner sounds delightful! :)
    Thanks for updating each week! You are so busy and if you can do it, then by george, I can too! :) Wish you were coming for the holidays!!!! We miss you guys too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been to all of the Primary programs. I got to see Josh and Amanda's kids, and it was fun. Sure sad that I have to miss all of the others. Melanie did tell me today that their ward is having a short program for the few children they have, so I will get to see that. The boys look so handsome and grownup in their suits! Good luck to Tyler in Wrestling....how lucky to have volunteers who are all American.... wow!

    ReplyDelete