Sunday, April 27, 2014

Back To The Real World :(

So, I have just spent quite a few minutes trying to find my last post..... turns out it was about my trip to see Suzanne, Corey, Kristie and family, and Moab.  Such good times!  Since then, I have been working a little, but still sneaking in a little travel, visiting, and overall FUN times.  Oh, that is a life I could get used to!  I had so much fun in Havasu.  It is such a fascinating place!  It amazes me that I enjoy it so much!  For one thing, it is hot!  I am not a big fan of heat...but you know what they say about "dry heat"  ;)   And, I have only been there in March and April.   AND, I love lush green, beautifully landscaped yards (not mine...only in my dreams) and that is definitely not what you find in Lake Havasu City...but, there is something about being in the middle of the Mohave Desert that I find intriguing.  Maybe it is that fun little family with five adorable boys!  (Even you Levi....I know you secretly love me lots ;)  ) I loved visiting the old mining town of Oatman.  I have a few fun pictures that I wanted to put on the blog, but I am seriously clueless about how to do it, and no one is here to help me. I need an old person to share some of the fun facts about Oatman with.  For instance, Clark Gable and Carole Lombard spent their honeymoon there March18, 1939  I find that fascinating, ( because it is out in the middle of NOWHERE ) but it doesn't mean a thing to anyone else.... :)  That was ten years before I was even born, but still think it is so interesting.  It is also on the famous and historic Route 66 that goes for 2400 miles from Chicago to LA.   Another little tidbit.... world war 1 was partially funded by gold from the mountains there in 1912.  The mines were closed in 1942 because miners were needed to mine copper for WWII.  The mines reopened in 1990, but closed in 1999 when Gold prices went down.  They reopened in 2010.  Sorry....you have to learn a little history.

We got back from AZ on Sat., I worked for four days, then off again ... this time to Boise to see Wicked.  I loved it, but I knew I would.  It was so sweet of Lori and Lynne to include me in their little trip!  I had driven my car to Pocatello on the way to Boise, so on the way back I could just go on down to Clarkston to spend Easter with Aleisa's and Megan's families.  It was really nice!

If Melanie has time when she gets back, I will have her help me add some pictures.  Check out the post Lexi made last week.... I had to text Josh to remind him to post it because it was still in draft. When he posted it, it put it back a ways on the blog.  You might need to search a little  :) .  It has been fun to have my grandkids doing some of the blog posts!

Love to all of you !  My next trip will be to OR  for Grace's graduation!    XOXOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Now that is how it should be! It sounds like you have had so much fun! We can't wait to see you in June!!

    ReplyDelete