Sunday, October 6, 2013

The perfect fall day

Today was such  a beautiful day..... I had plans to just relax and watch conference at home.  At five minutes to ten, Amanda called and asked if I wanted to go on our usual drive.  Everyone had decided to just stay home instead of driving  to Star Valley, but the day was so grand that Josh and Amanda couldn't resist.  They even talked Melanie and Dan in to going......   :)  Since we hadn't planned ahead, everyone just grabbed what they had for lunch, and off we went!  As  usual, we ended up at the cemetery to listen to the last session.  When we know we are going, we often take flowers..... the kids were a little sad about that, so they scoured the fence line and came up with quite an assortment of random silk flowers that had blown away.  They were so cute about it, and so very excited!  I hope Melanie has time to blog and add the pictures she took when she gets her kiddos to bed.  I can't even imagine what the caretakers are going to think the next time they go to the cemetery.......  :)    Conference  was wonderful and the weather couldn't have been better!

My tree is completely down now, and not a day too soon!  We had 50 to 60 mph winds one day this week.  I am so glad it was already down.  I have no doubt I would have had a disaster on my hands!  :)  Also, my power was off for four hours one day and two hours in the middle of the night a couple of days later.  Fun times.  The tree removal company had cleaned up branches , etc...... but after the big wind, you can imagine how my yard looked..... :(   Well, Friday I had to run in to I F to deposit my check and run a few errands.... when I got home, a white pickup was in my driveway.... I headed straight for the back yard to see who was there.....  It was Lori Williamson (all by herself) and she had raked my entire yard!!!  Such a sweet thing to do, but I felt so bad!  I know what a big job that is! 

I'm not looking forward to this week...... Chris and Cindy are in Vegas until Friday.  I know everything will be just fine.....  just not looking forward to it!  :)

Everyone else have a great week!   Love to you all!  XOXOXOX

1 comment:

  1. I put a lot of the pics on here for you mother! I'm so glad we decided to go for a drive! It was just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete