Sunday, August 25, 2013

Peterson's Big update and kinda long

Hey look, I was the last one to post too! NOT a happy time of year around here for the Peterson household. We were just finishing up our house and getting to do fun things and then the public school system takes my babies away from me! This year was the saddest for me yet. Millie was home though, she doesn't start until tomorrow. She and Tommy play so good when it is just the two of them. They never leave one another's side and they both LOVE riding their bikes up and down the sidewalk and around the driveway. I ran to Aleisa's house to drop something off and when I got back Millie could ride her bike without training wheels even though she said she didn't want to try it until she was Daphne's age. Tommy would get his dump truck and push it up and down the sidewalk for as long as Millie was out there riding her bike. Once he realized he fit in his little Radio Flyer bike he LOVED it! Millie got cowboy boots for school shoes and he was bound and determined to wear them every second. He would sneak them out and wear them all of the time. My friend Katie has a little boy who Tommy loves named Owen. Owen called at 9:45 at night to see if Tommy was still awake and brought over a pair of his old boots for Tommy to wear. I have never seen Tommy more excited about anything. The first thing he said in the morning was "Can I wear my boots? They fit me. Owen gave them to me. That was so nice of him!" He never takes them off. I even let him wear them with shorts. The day after Tommy realized his little big wheels bike fit him I decided to let Millie and Tommy ride to the post office realizing I would probably have to carry his bike most of the way there and back. No, these two kids are so different from my first two. Millie rode back and forth and Tommy just hauled butt the whole way there and back which is almost a mile. I tried to push him on the uphill part and he turned around and saw me and yelled "STOP IT!" so I did. We finally got our garage door! It isn't hooked up to a motor yet (supposedly he is coming to do that tomorrow) but at least the door is up!
     The kids LOVE school. Maizy couldn't say enough good about her teacher and her class. Miles is all happy and runs to his bus. Maizy found out the day before school that the little girl who gets bullied, that Maizy friended is going to a charter school. We were at the park in Trenton playing and she walked over to Mitzy's house to see if she wanted to come play and her Dad told Maizy that she had already started school. Maizy was so much sadder than I thought she would be. She came back and told me and then her eyes filled with tears and she said "Mom, what if there is no one at the school to defend her?" Oh, my heart just broke for her and I told her Charter schools were different and I am sure she will be fine. :(
     I think I have decided to do the Halloween Half marathon in Provo. I have to see what Joel's work schedule is but I think it sounds really fun. I think I have even talked Joel into doing it with me! It is 7 weeks after LOTOJA so he should be fine right? Saturday I was going to do 7 or 8 miles and Joel was going to pick me up on the way to Logan. We had the plan all figured out and where he was going to pick me up, etc. Well, I had just headed out of town and was a couple of miles away when I saw a hearse pass me. I had just thought "I wonder who died?" when I literally stopped in my tracks, screamed, looked at my watch and ran as fast as I could back to my house. It was 9:30 and I was supposed to have three dozen cookies to the church by 10:00! It was the fastest 4 miles of the year I think! I made some rice crispy treats because that was the fastest thing to make and ran them up there and surprise, no one was there. I talked to my friend today that was in charge and she said they didn't even have the food until 1:30. Joel did a 115 mile ride on Saturday, he is getting all trained up for his big ride. Here are some pictures of the house. These are before our furniture is moved in so it looks quite a bit different now. But first...this is one handsome family!


Hall to stairs 
 
 Master
Girls 
 
Kids bathroom 
 
 Boys room
Master bath 
I don't have a picture of Mom's apt yet because Joel hasn't cleaned all of his stuff out yet!
 Millie is browning hamburger with her protective eyewear and her puppies under the sweater watching her.
 With the golden locks
 Without :(
 The girls sold homemade lemonade before the Martin Harris Pageant one night. They made quite a bit of money and went through 5 pitchers of lemonade! Millie said "did you know that Maizy said they used me to sell the lemonade?" I asked "No. Because you are cute?" She said "Yeah, it was kind of weird, I have never been used like that before, it worked pretty good!" Oh I hope she hasn't learned an inappropriate lesson from that!
 She likes dogs.
 
 
 
 
 I saw the two of them out the window and it was so dang cute! Sam was sitting with his arm around her and comforted her as she cried. She couldn't find Sheriff her teddy bear.
First day of school! 
Our house now with the garage door on!

8 comments:

  1. Yay Megan! Now that is what I call a blog post! Your house Looks fabulous! You still should do a before and after.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks awesome! Love the colors- inside and out! Maybe next summer we'll be able to stop by and see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me sad that I was never really there in Idaho or Utah this summer. Kristie got to see it but I didn't. I can't wait til next time I'm home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These "next summer" comments make me want to cry! I want everyone to live here "visiting back and forth at Christmas times and birthdays" including my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome update and AWESOME HOUSE!!! I can't wait to come stay (where the ghosts don't exist)!! WHat are you going to dress up as for the run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAYBE...Mrs. Incredible....with a running skirt to cover all the grossness? I don't know. I was trying to think of a running friendly costume. What are you dressing up as?

      Delete
  6. This is Kristie. I LOVE the pictures and I'm so glad I got to see it in person. Everything turned out so good. You guys enjoy it. You worked so hard for all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post and all of the comments! I love my family!!!

    ReplyDelete