Tuesday, August 6, 2013

surprise surprise

So yea, you are reading this right....MOM. :)  We are having a wonderful summer, and miss seeing everyone for great visits, great food, great Frisbee golf, great dry bed floating, great birthday parties, and everything else that we did while everyone was in Idaho.  I finished my summer term at BYUI and only 2 more semesters to go.  Now Amanda and I are having a great 7 week off break together.  We just spent a fun week in Oregon with the Dursts.  We were so busy doing fun stuff, and were wore out by the end of each day, but had so so much fun, from a wonderful beach day to the 4T trail with lots of kids, to picking blueberries and everything else.  We are in Washington now, spending a week with Amanda's family, and have already eaten at King's Row( a favorite burger spot for Amanda growing up).  Amanda has really enjoyed teaching college, and just signed her contract for year 2.  It really helps me too, with free tuition.  We have had a hot summer so far and more to come I'm sure.  The kids are already finished with soccer, and school is fast approaching for THREE kids now. crazy.  jack got accepted into the preschool at BYUI, so it will be fun having him in mine and Amanda's buildings we use most up there.  I will add some pictures so you can see some stuff we have been doing, we will write more often.  :) maybe, The transplanted Texan Christensen's in Idaho. :)


the kids helping with dinner

Multnomah Falls on our trip




Jack being a brother :)

Cole was so good to play with the kids

yummm fresh picked blueberries



 On the tram on the 4T in Portland
Jack wanted me to add a picture of the banana slug up the hike


Avary on her date with daddy

Mo's (nuff said)

on the train

halfway through our hike in Portland


what was I thinking?





Jack was loving every minute of having his cousins to play with

roller skating party for Clara
amazing fun.  want to do again soon
Im the speck :)

safe landing

4 comments:

  1. Now, that wasn't so bad.....was it! :) Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Big Brother! I love the pictures, especially of the skydiving. I'm so jealous. Oregon looked fun. Now we need to get ya'll out to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Josh! It was fun to see a post from you :) Keep 'em coming! Looks like you guys had a fun break! Can't believe you did the sky-diving thing- I don't know if I'd be able to make myself jump :)

    ReplyDelete