This week has been a little stressful..... Chris called last Sunday , and the apples they thought would last through Labor Day ( at the fair) were gone! I called Lynne, and she was nice enough to agree to help. She also had her granddaughter come help us. It took four hours to get the apples dipped in caramel then the Apple pie and Snickers toppings. Another day I worked fourteen hours.... then Thursday, I worked eleven and a half hours. The rest of the days were the normal nine hour shifts. So glad Fair week is over!
I think Josh sent everyone the pictures of my door.... that was my Labor Day project.....I love it! I don't know why I didn't think of paint before... I just thought I needed to get a new door. I guess it was because I had redone the door once already. I still have the other two doors to paint :( I have to get that done before winter!
Friday after work, I drove to Pocatello to meet Megan and Joel..... it was the LOTOJA. and I watched their boys for them. Mel and Dan stayed Friday night to help with the boys, and to help get the yard in order for the blessing of Sylvie June.....we also got a lot of the food started. When Megan, Joel and the girls got back from the bike race, Melanie and Dan had to leave to spend time with his family,so, Megan and I got to work on the rest of the meal. We somehow got the brilliant idea to make peach pies...... While Megan toiled away on the pies, I cleaned, and got the three salads going. Well, by 2:30AM, we were just finishing up...... :) Getting all of that done made today go so much smoother. It turned out to be a near perfect day! Dan gave Sylvie June a beautiful blessing! AND the food was a hit! Melanie made Penne Rustica, I made Grape Salad, Cookie Salad, and green salad, Amanda made a delicious banana cake and Megan made three fresh peach pies. YUMMY! The weather was perfect....not too hot. Well, by the time everyone was starting to leave, Josh gave us an update on a big storm that was coming in. We got all of the tables, etc. put away just in time for it to hit..... all of our hard work down the drain once again...:( My deck and lawn are covered with branches....oh well, like I said, it was a beautiful day!
This week we had two funerals in our ward. Marie Bramwell and Sally Ellsworth. Two very sweet ladies. We will miss them so much!
Wishing a wonderful week to all of you! XOXOXO
I seriously can't believe how much you worked this week!!! Chris needs to send you on a cruise!! Heck, I need to send you on a cruise for all you did for the blessing! The second we got to Stori's house she asked for granny's house haha!
ReplyDelete