Here are some random pics from March. Tommy drew a picture of the Holy Ghost. Pretty good for his first drawing. And, no, I didn't tell him to do the "cute face", he just uses it all the time now. It is a pretty good weapon. I had just started wondering if Disney, Millie's chicken that she caught at the barnyard races at Pony Express Days, was maybe a rooster since we hadn't ever gotten an egg from her, in fact I was still looking at her trying to decide when I turned to the nesting boxes and there was this white egg! Millie has ALWAYS asked us to get a chicken that lays white eggs so she was OVERJOYED that we got a white egg and that it was from HER chicken! This picture of Millie with the big eyes is what she did to me when we were talking about how big the characters eyes were on Frozen and Tangled. She said "like this" and pulled out her glasses that made her eyes huge. I thought it was hilarious. And for this years play The Jungle Book, Maizy's character was Hathi who is the leader elephant. Luckily we had an elephant costume from Halloween so that made it easy! Unfortunately I was in Washington DC during the play but I did get to see the dress rehearsal and it was adorable! Millie and Thomas play so cute together! I let them take late naps most days because I love to hear them playing together.
DC! So much fun! Some Lewisville 1st ward girls suggested a trip out to see Suzanne and surprise her and there were nine of us able to make it! Tara Nield, Becky Blackburn, Megan Bramwell, Kesta Drake Lisa Young, Janeil Nield, Celia Erickson and last but not least my very own Mother! To be honest I almost bailed a couple of days before because I got all sad about leaving my little family but these girls are so much like family I am So so glad I went and saw sweet Suz! There was a miracle while we were in DC for Suzanne. We had to get off the Metro and onto a bus because the tracks were getting repaired. Well on that half a mile bus ride we were stopped at the light and some girls start waving. Suzanne sees them and realizes they are her cousins! They texted back and forth until they caught up to us at the Natural History Museum. The little one just hugged and hugged her and cried and cried. It was SO sweet! Julianne loved me and asked why I lived in Idaho because she wanted me to live by them. Oh her kids are cute!
We had so much fun surprising her! She looked so good and it was just full of laughter and happiness the whole time! Kurt took these. We were surprised when she said she wanted to come eat with us that night and the next day when we went to visit she said she wanted to come into DC with us! It made it just perfect! Cousin Heather made all these shirts for us. I texted her about a week before we left and asked if she did tek shirts because Tara and I wanted to be nerdy and have matching Idaho shirts for our run. Then I thought it would be really fun to get Suzanne one too. So I asked around and everyone wanted one and I think it made it really fun to surprise her in our matching Lewisville shirts! Heather was awesome and gave us a good price and had to hurry to get them done for us.
Tara and I had great plans for a fun run around the capitol. We started at the Natural History Museum and ran around the whole mall stopping at all major monumets for selfies and a jaunt out to the white house and then ended at the Lincoln Memorial. Probably the best 6 mile run of my life! It was so awesome to see the sun setting over all the historical monuments. We changed and Mom was nice enough to carry my bag and jacket so we could do it. Meanwhile the rest of them continued site seeing until we met back up.
Yes that is my cute mother and me in front of the white house! It was so much fun to have her there with us too. I think the "adults"or "leaders" as we kept referring to them were crazier than we were in their hotel room!We just lost Mom for less than a week before getting her again for Moab. It was a quick trip but it was fun to show her some of our favorite sites. We owe her a whole lot for leaving her in the hotel room with Miles and forgetting to give him his medicine! Eek! We didn't realize it until we were up at the start line! Especially since her diverticulitis acted up and she was miserable the night before.
Joel and I were kicking ourselves for the biggest rooky mistake EVER! You always, always take the last bus up to the start. Instead we went on one of the first buses and had to wait for over two hours in the freezing freezing cold up the canyon. I got hot chocolate just so I could hold it and warm my hands. This bottom picture Joel took literally seconds after we crossed the finish line. You can see it in the background. I forgot about our bib numbers until Joel was pulling them out the night before. He saw mine and thought it was my log-in or something until he pulled out his. It asked what name you want on the bib when you register. I registered first and put "menmyho" so when I registered him I put "iamtheho". He thought it was pretty clever. Probably my favorite bib numbers so far.





This is Kristie. Great post Megan! Love all the pictures. DC looks fun and I'm so glad you got to do a historical run with your friend. I miss your kids. Can't wait for summer:)
ReplyDelete