The past week and a half has been so much fun! The trip to Maryland and Washington DC to see Suz was just perfect. Suzanne, her family and Wade and Dorothy went to dinner with us on Friday, and Suzanne and Dorothy went to the National Mall with us on Saturday. Everyone took lots of pictures of everything, but sadly, I don't have access to many of them yet. I think our visit really lifted Suz's spirits. It really was just so much fun!
![]() |
| Suz wanted a picture of just the four of us :) |
![]() |
| Taken on the Metro on the way to the national Mall. |
![]() |
| One of the first pictures of all of us together. Cute shirts huh! Heather Aullman did them for us. Megan came up with the cute design. |
![]() |
| This was taken in front of the museum that was in the movie A Night At The Museum. It was taken just before Suz left to go home. |
Early Sunday morning, everyone flew out of Washington DC. I flew to Dallas via Atlanta. Everyone else flew to SLC via Denver. Corey and Kristie's kids were out of school all week for spring break. (along with the entire state) Corey was able to take a couple of days off. Monday we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. (along with the entire state :) ) It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun. I loved hanging out with the the family. On Tue. I had an appointment with the famous Dr. Christensen. It was good to be able to see him in action. Kristie and the kids shopped at the Piggly Wiggly (?) next door while they waited for me. When we got back to Rockwall, we took Eleanor and Hazel with us to run to Costco for milk. After shopping, as we got in the car to head back home, Nori sang the sweetest little original song......"we got sooo much stuff and we came for milk". Haha we laughed really hard! On Thursday we went to a mall up by the airport that had a Legoland in it. ( you guessed it.....along with the rest of the state! ) They were completely booked through Monday! Even though we didn't get to go to Legoland, we had a fun time walking around the mall and doing a little shopping, mostly in the book store and Disney store. :) We spent the night at a hotel near the airport because I would be flying out so early the next morning. I was scheduled to fly out at six.....that makes for a very early morning! Thank you so much Corey, Kristie and family! I had a wonderful time!
I arrived in SLC at 7:50 am just in time to be picked up by Megan, Joel and family who were on their way to Moab to run a half marathon. We did a fun hike to Delicate Arch. It is so beautiful there! Saturday morning, I dropped Megan and Joel off for the bus ride to the start of the race. The kids and I stayed at the hotel, then left to pick them up at the finish! Crazy, fun times! Thank you so much Peterson family for including me in your fun trip!
Melanie, Dan and girls drove down to pick me up. We stayed the night, then headed home first thing this morning. Whew, what a whirlwind! I loved every minute of it!!!!! Now, back to the old grind. :)




Mom! You left out the part where you visited me! That was a fun hour, too, huh? ;) You've had a crazy (and fun) few weeks! I love love Nori's song. I need to sing that every time I go to the store for "just milk".
ReplyDeleteIf I wrote on the blog yesterday I would have included hanging out with you Leis! The cookie dough was delicious! Come visit already!!!
DeleteHHAHAHAHAH I also love Nori's song! That is so perfect! Fun trips for you, but glad you are home though! :)
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun, Kristie told me that before Mom got there, Ephraim said, "Mom, Im nervous because I have only met Grandma two times." Made me sad, but glad you were here so it could be three times. :)
ReplyDelete