I tried to post a little earlier, but kept dozing off, so I
went and took a nap J
Ryder is ONE! Has it really been a whole year already?! We had a small family party on his Birthday (the 15th) and
our neighbor-lady came over and joined us for the celebration. Ryder was a pro at opening his gifts and
really, really, really, enjoyed his cupcake and ice-cream. He is walking all over the
place now and is enjoying eating lots of big people food.
A while ago our dishwasher started making weird noises and
wasn’t really getting our dishes clean so we figured it was probably time for a
new one. Long story short- we went
dishwasher shopping and ended up buying all new appliances and a couple new kitchen
cabinets! Tyler spent his whole Spring
Break (except Tuesday and Wednesday) working on the kitchen. Sounds fun, huh? It’s finally all put back together except for
the painting which I am going to tackle this week.
We are sooooo excited for our new appliances and the quietness of them J
| Helping Daddy in the kitchen :) |
We spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Phoenix for Ryder’s eye
procedure. It went really well and we
are so glad to have an eye-goop free baby boy!!! Finally! He has to keep the tube in for 3 months and
then it’s back to Phoenix to have it removed.
I don’t think Tyler and I realized how hard it was going to be to let
him go away with the nurse. It only took
about 30 minutes and then they called me back when he started waking up from
the anesthesia. That part was really
hard. He was very combative and didn’t
settle down until we were almost back to the hotel. He cried and cried and cried- so sad!! He probably had no idea what was going
on. It must have been very strange and
scary for him. Poor little guy.
| Waiting to go back to surgery. |
| Back at the Hotel after surgery. Finally calmed down and back to himself! |
While in Phoenix we found an Olive Garden to eat dinner at (Yum!) and a Target to shop at. We aren't really the theater-going kind of people (too expensive with 5 kids!) so we bought Frozen for the kids to watch on the way home. Tyler and I tried to watch it Friday night and then again on Saturday night, but we fell asleep both times. It's on again right now and I think we've both managed to finally stay awake for the whole thing! Love it!
| Bath Time |
| Eye Goop-Free Baby!! Yay!! |
Well, I think that’s about it for us for now. We hope
everyone is doing good!
This is Kristie. So glad his surgery went well. It is so hard to send a little one back…out of your reach and completely trusting the doctor and nurses. He looks so cute and very grown up, especially walking around. Can't wait to see you all!
ReplyDelete