Sunday, October 14, 2012

Clarkston Petersons

Oh I SOOOoo love this! Reading everyone's info is SO fun! Not much going on here this week. We did take Miles to his G.I. apt in SLC and found out he has lost 6 lbs and grown 1/2 inch which isn't a good thing. (So Mel and Mom, that is why his pants wouldn't stay up in Yellowstone even though they were cinched all the way down!) The Dr. was very concerned and said he didn't have anymore to lose and spent a long time explaining how serious it was and ways to try to calorie him up. I told him he was on medicine (like ritalin) and that was a possible side effect. We were on our way to parent teacher conference and I said I was planning on checking to see if it made a big difference or not. If it didn't we were planning on taking him off of it anyway. We got to Parent Teacher Conference and after his teacher told us funny stories about Miles hacking into their computers and surpassing their ability to use them, she moved onto his behavior and said that they can't believe the difference in him and that he is their star student. My response "Oh no!" Good that the little guy is able to concentrate but means we have to find a way to pump some more calories in him. I called the Dr. who prescribed them and he looked up his BMI and said, and I quote "I'm not concerned, he could stand to lose a little weight"! Yes, we are NOT impressed with him. After explaining what the Primary Children's Dr. said he gave me some ideas on what to feed him. Peanut butter. That is about it. Helpful. So we are currently looking to SLC for a Developmental Pediatrician that might be a little more...kind. Our designer comes tomorrow! We found out the deal fell through for our new neighbors that were buying the house next to us. :( scared to see what shows up now. I can't believe I forgot, I finished my quilt top!!! Well, the scrappy part, I have to do some borders but it is done!

2 comments:

  1. I think cheesecake would be a better recommendation than PB, but that would probably negate the medicine too. Poor Miles. I bet if you looked for a developmental pediatrician in Dallas/Ft. Worth you would find one. Er something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about negating the medicine. We could really get a lot of calories in him if we fed him chololate but it is like a drug to the little guy and gets him so wired! I will have to check into Texas Dr.'s they are so conveniently located! :)

    ReplyDelete