Sunday, September 29, 2013

Peterson update




This weeks exciting news...
I was a chaperone on Maizy's field trip on Thursday. I forgot my coat and it was cold and raining and I was freezing. We were in Smithfield and Joel called me from his cell phone which he doesn't do at work since he has crappy reception. I answered it and walked away from the kids. He asked if I was on the field trip and when I told him yes he said to call him later. I asked if something was wrong and when he hesitated I said "Did you get laid off?" He said "I did". Wow. That was completely not expected! He gave me the particulars and said he was on his way home. By the time he got home we were in pretty good moods and were joking about how broke we are. Then...the reality set in, it got kind of scary and then we looked on the internet and found 5 jobs to apply for that he is 100% qualified for. Four are in Nevada and one is in Star Valley. We fasted today and both feel really good about it. Hopefully we will hear something from one of these jobs soon! P.S. We finally put a railing on our loft! It only took one child falling off it to get it up there too! Poor little Tommy! Happy birthday Tommy! I will have to post pics of his birthday later. Cute little guy.
P.P.S. I updated my blog with lots of pics and words but didn't want to bore you with the details, you can check there if you have time.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. So sorry, that is so hard. I wish I'd have known and we would have fasted with you. Your family is amazing and faithful and Heavenly Father will bless you with the right answer. I want to give you a hug right now. Oh hey, look in Texas too:) Dallas area...more specifically Rockwall;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read all your blog posts!!! LOVE THEM! Almost as much as I love you! almost! :) Come to Idaho already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news of the layoff!! We would have fasted with you too! Have you heard anything back yet?

    ReplyDelete