First of all: I am enjoying all of these group texts--you know the ones that tell me I'm receiving a picture text and instead it's nothing? It's always fun to try and guess the rest of the conversation with only Corey's texts showing up! Am I the ONLY one in this family without a smart phone? Is that it? :)
Anyway--for those of you with facebook you already know my highlights--snowed in on Tues, almost snowed in on Weds, and then for the grand finale--on Friday a pencil "accidentally" just went into Sam's ear and got "accidentally" bumped by a girl named Courtney which "accidentally" ruptured his ear drum leading to intense pain,vomiting and high fever...and not one, but TWO trips to the ER. Can't wait for those medical bills to start coming in!
Which leads to--(for those of you who didn't hear me squealing) KEN FINALLY GOT "THAT" JOB!!! The one it only took, what, three years?, 4 tests, 7 interviews, and a plant tour to get. We are really excited. Ken has never had a set schedule not to mention LOADS of great benefits. Best of all he is getting out of a location that has become quite melodramatic--you would think he was the one working with all women instead of me.
Emmy's new apartment is still going SO WELL! I know she is now reading this blog so I won't go on too long about how happy I am about it. Her old apartment got rented by an about-to-be-married couple from here in Clarkston so she just paid her last month of rent for Feb. and slammed the door on that unfortunate chapter of her life. :)
Daphne had her first date last night. They went sledding, came here for taco salad and then went to the Sweetheart dance. I mostly hung out in my room with little Samo but it sounded like they were having a lot of fun and she said they had a good time.
Caleb, Bron, Asher, and Lil are all doing really well--no big news to report on them. Next week is the big dramatic production of Peter Pan. We are all really, um, excited for it. :) Asher, Lily, Sam, and Maiz have all been working really hard to get ready for it. We're excited to see Mom, Dan, Mel, and little Stori who are coming for it.
Which reminds me--we had SO MUCH fun at Mom's. It was the highlight of our January for sure. The kids are still talking about it. We always SAY we aren't going to plan anything and just hang out but it never really works out that way--this time it did. definitely hoping to do it again soon. :)
The kids have kept me posted from facebook! That is crazy everything that is going on. POOR SAM! OUCH! and Yeah for Ken, we are so excited! when does he start? are you still looking for us a job?:)we would love to live by you guys! post pics of daph on her first date, it would be fun to see!
ReplyDeletethat was from Bridget :)
DeleteBoo for the trip to the ER. Hape Sam is doing better. Yay for Ken's new job!! That's exciting! And Daph's first date and Emmy's new apartment! Fun times!
ReplyDeleteWell I am REALLY excited about the big production! And wow, Three of my grandchildren have entered the dating scene....I can only picture the three of them in the picture with matching yellow outfits that was taken just a couple (?) of years ago....Awwww sunrise sunset, sunrise sunset.....:( I am really excited that Ken got the job!
ReplyDelete