Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hootenanny and a Hoe-down

The first part of our week was pretty normal- school, work, cub scouts, grocery shopping, mutual, etc.  The second half was a bit more eventful.

Thursday I had a Dr. Appt. and found out I am dilated to between a 2 and 3.  It feels like Spider Ryder may have dropped, so it could be any day now!  Hopefully he will be cooperative and wait until Grandma Faylene gets here though :)

Friday afternoon/evening we took a little trip to Bullhead City (about 45 min. away).  We went to Kohl's & Target, and then out to dinner.  Tyler got some running socks and shoes and I found a maternity shirt to wear to my baby shower since I was really getting tired of the ones that I've been wearing for the last 6 months or so-  All you moms know exactly what I'm talking about, right?  :)
 
 A little blurry, but Tyler took some pictures of the boys
outside Target while they were waiting for me to check out.


Saturday morning I made some banana bread while Tyler and the kids spent some time outside. Saturday afternoon my Visiting Teacher threw a baby shower for Spider Ryder.  It was a crazy day for a lot of people in our ward, so not as many showed up as she was hoping for, but we still had a good turn-out.  It was a lot of fun.  We got quite a few cute little outfits for the baby and several packages of diapers which will be nice.  Oh, and someone gave us one of those Carter's piggy banks for him.  It has a little monkey on it and it is really cute :) 

On the way home from the shower I stopped at the store for a few things and then got pulled over for going about 5 miles/hr. over the speed limit on a residential street right around the corner from our house!  The cop was really nice though and let me off with a warning.  Phew!!  When I got home we had homemade pizza for dinner and then I hurried and threw together some pumpkin cookies to take to our ward party.  The theme for the party was "Hootenanny and a Hoe-down".  There was a DJ, music, dancing, games, a pot-luck of desserts, and a whole lot of fun!  Tyler and I even got to slow dance a few times.  Levi was a little unsure of what to think about the loud music and all the crazy people out dancing and Max was so shy he just hung on to Tyler or me the whole time.  Taylor and Jon enjoyed doing the line dances and hanging out with their friends.  It was a busy, busy, day and we were all wiped out once we got home. 

This morning my brother Jared stopped by for a couple of hours on his (round-about) way home to Boise from Phoenix.  He was there for a training meeting for work and wanted to stop and see us and where we live.  Sad he couldn't have stayed longer, but at least he was able to have some breakfast with us and visit for a little bit!

Lastnight and all day today it has been sooooooo windy!!  The boys had a great time this afternoon catching the wind in a tarp on the trampline.  (Notice the partial fence?  Tyler started taking it down this week and we had a company come out to give us an estimate to fence the whole backyard.  Haven't heard back yet, but we are sooo excited to get the fence done!!)


Random pictures from this week:

The boys playing nerf guns on the trampoline
(with a beautiful sunset reflecting on the mountains in the background).

Snow in the mountains surrounding Havasu!!  Who would've thought!!

The boys and I came across this castle house one day.  It was pretty neat and even had a drawbridge!
 
Max and Levi warming up the bouncer seat for Spider Ryder.

  Tuckered out little boys :)

Well- that about wraps up our week.  Can I just say that we LOVE reading everyone's posts and keeping up on what everyone is doing!  It helps us feel a little more connected even though we live so far away :)

2 comments:

  1. Jen... are you going to get any rest after you have little Spider Ryder? Your life sounds just so busy. Don't get in too big of a hurry to have that little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness this baby boy is going to be here soon! You are so good at taking pictures! I take a few of Stori a week but we have boring lives! :) You had a fun/busy week, and have some dang cute kids!

    ReplyDelete