Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello from Havasu...

Happy to report that we are all finally feeling better.  Taylor and I are still coughing a little bit, but at least the 2 little guys aren't sick anymore.

Taylor passed the Sacrament for the first time today.  He was pretty nervous, but pretty excited at the same time.  He did a great job :)  As we were sitting in Sacrament meeting, I looked at our bench full of boys and couldn't help but get excited to meet little Spider Ryder next month and wonder what he will look like and be like.  Only 5 more weeks!  I must be carrying this baby way out front because I've had a few people act surprised that I have that long left.  I realized a couple weeks ago at church that we're going to have to move to the middle section of the chapel when he's born so we can all fit on one bench :)

Wrestling sectionals were this past weekend, so Tyler was in Phoenix Friday and Saturday.  They were in 2nd place going into the finals but wound up in 5th place by the end.  Five of their guys will be going to State this week and a couple of them have a really good chance at placing.  After this weekend the season will be over and I'm very glad it's the last time Tyler will be gone for a while. 

We are making plans to fence our backyard which we are all excited about.  Right now we just have a little section right by our house that's fenced, so it will be really nice for the boys to be able to have a little more room to play and run around once we get it done.  We are enjoying the warmer weather now that it's back up into the upper 60's/low 70's during the day. 

Our neighbor-lady, Dottie, brought over some fresh blueberries and lemons the other day.  I searched Pinterest for recipes that called for blueberries and lemons and found a couple that I tried out yesterday. 

The first one was for Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. 
blueberry cheesecake bars
(picture from http://bakedbree.com)
We haven't tried them yet because I made them for our Sunday treat, but they look and smell very yummy!

The other recipe I tried was for Lemon-Blueberry Drizzle Bread.
(picture from www.portuguesegirlcooks.com)
This one we cut into right after church and it is very tasty.  I've never used lemon zest in a recipe before, but both of these recipes called for it, so it was fun to use a new ingredient.
I'm so glad that we have facebook, texting, phone calls, e-mails, and this blog to keep in touch with family.  It helps us feel a little more connected and makes it a little less hard to be so far away. 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE lemon zest. I have a game marinade and rhubarb crisp recipe that call for it. It makes the kitchen smell so good when you're making it. But I also found you can buy it. So sometimes I DO cheat. :) Your recipes look and sound so good! I cannot believe Taylor is passing the Sacrament already! Crazy! I won't even recognize your kids when we see you next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just thinking of you today when i saw a newborn baby at church and wondering how you are doing. I can"t wait to meet the new little guy! Those recipes look yummy. we only have fresh blueberries from July- August so you are lucky, they are my favorite! Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everyone is starting to feel better...I'm so excited to come visit! I will have to call you...we need to make plans soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're excited to have you come too! Yes- we do need to make plans!!

      Delete