Sunday, December 8, 2013

Switcheroo

Last week we did a little switcheroo with our front room furniture for Christmas. It's always fun to have a little change.  Our Thanksgiving was nice, although it would have been fun to be with extended family. Tyler took Taylor and Jon to play football with some guys from church in the morning and the rest of the day was spent preparing food, watching football, and then, of course, eating Thanksgiving dinner.  

We put up our Christmas tree and the lights outside last weekend and I tried to find a photographer to take our family pictures, but everyone was booked (yes, I am a procrastinator!)  Tyler ended up borrowing the tripod from the Wrestling department and we took some pictures on our own.  They actually turned out pretty good for being taken with a timer- haha!  Y'all will have to wait to see them until you get our Christmas card though- sorry!  Don't want to spoil the fun :)

Ready to eat Thanksgiving dinner!
I kept setting the timer on the camera and then I would hurry to go sit down.
Ryder kept turning his head to follow me,
so we couldn't get a picture of him looking at the camera!  haha!

Decorating our puny tree. 

I think Max had the most fun decorating the tree
and he's also the most excited about Christmas this year!
He's at that perfect age :)

Tyler's had a few wrestling meets so far and is getting into the swing of being head coach.  This past weekend they took 4th place out of 16 schools at the Wickenberg tournament which he was pretty pleased with.

I made some m&m cookies while we were waiting for dinner to cook after church today.  It was a double batch and they were getting eaten as fast as I could get them baked!!  I guess that's what we get with 11:30 church.  Early lunch/snack before church, then a little snack after church around 3, then dinner around 5 and then a little snack around 7 to hold them over until morning.  It seems like everyone's eating all day long!  We are excited to switch to 9 am church in January (except for 7:30 am Ward Council!!).

Well, that's about it for us for now.  Hope everyone's doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment