See Tommy in the Cowboy hat? I lied to him. I'm a terrible mother but they were playing cowboys and we only had one cowboy hat so I gave him the cop hat and told him it was a cowboy hat. Now he loves to wear his "cowboy" hat. I should have never started that. They rode around on the broom and mop all morning. I got a good shot of Tommy's morning hair before we cut his hair. It was getting just a little ridiculous the poor little guy. Millie and Maizy wore their hair in hearts for church. See the picture of that bed? It is amazing that one bed can be filled with so much of what I love! I'm sure Joel would have waited a couple of hours to feel all that love! :) Tommy took one ride on the snowmobile and is now hooked. Before church he came running up with his helmet on backwards and his snowpants in hand yelling "I wanna ride Snow Mo Bil! Snow Mo Bil!" This old door was in our house before. We are currently stripping it and are going to use it for our laundry room door. I am really excited about it. Luckily Joel is patient because he has scraped off 7 layers of paint on one side!
The BUS!
January 30th. Well I was pretty comfortably snowed in my drive way for three days. Besides being out of baking powder we were doing pretty good and I didn't need to drive anywhere. The wind was still howling and it was still snowing so trying to dig out of the three foot drifts seemed futile. Then the phone rang. It was Miles bus. She said "Don't panic, everyone is fine, but the bus ran off the road and we aren't going to be able to get it out anytime soon....because it kind of tipped over" WHAT?! Oh no! I'm snowed in and can't go get him! Luckily I have a sister in town and she was so super nice about it and she and Daph ran to get him. Miles relies on observation a lot because language is harder for him to understand. The driver and aid were awesome and stayed calm. They just unbuckled the two they could get out and they crawled out the window. Because of the way they reacted I'm sure Miles just thought "well, this is weird", and went with it and wasn't scared at all. He just told me "buss fell" and that was the end of that. I watched to see how he would react to getting on the bus the next morning and he didn't care at all! The aid showed up at my house to make sure he was doing okay and then a very choked up driver called to check on him as well. Such nice considerate people in this world!


Haha you are such a liar! poor Tommy is never going to trust you again! :) I do love that picture of your family in bed! I bet a cute little mouse is in that picture as well! :) THank for a FUN weekend!!!! can't wait to see ya in 2 weeks!
ReplyDelete