Sunday, February 23, 2014

From the Petersons

This was a nice short week for us. The kids didn't have school Monday, Joel took the day off and I had the day off! Ahhhh..... love it when the happens! We went to Riverdale and swam in the hot tubs. It was crazy how it felt like a summer night. Maizy didn't want to leave because she just kept saying "I can't believe what a warm night it is!". She didn't realize we were only warm because we were swimming in super warm water. But no matter the reason, it felt like summer and we LOVED it! Especially Miles. He is so calm and happy after swimming. It is great input for him. We also DCFS proofed our house. They were supposed to come Friday but she called and had a Dr. apt so she rescheduled for this next Friday. We put up raining on our downstairs (the kids are so super sad they can't jump off the stairs onto the big pillow now), and all sorts of little things like locking cabinet doors with cleaning supplies. We also lost our "Foster Child Jaron". He decided to go home before he leaves in a couple of months for his mission which I thought was a great idea. Leaving his girlfriend cold turkey sounded extremely painful to me. The kids will miss him a lot especially Tommy and Millie. They played with him all of the time and he thought things they said and did were as cute as I do so that was fun.
Last week when Joel and I went on a date for Valentines day, Millie was a little jealous and reminded Joel that he told her he was going to take them on a date. So...Friday he took them to McDonalds and they played on the playland there and got treats. They were in heaven having Daddy all to themselves! It was just me and the boys here at home. I was pinning my tatted doily (below) and noticed they were quiet. I went and looked up in the loft and T was curled up with a blanket and pillow pet and Miles was in his sleeping bag, both fast asleep. So it was a pretty quiet night for me!
 It was a good week to get lots of projects finished! Projects that have been almost done are all done now so it makes me feel like I have accomplished more than I really did. Including a 10 mile run on Saturday with my cute husband and my friends Darcy and Katie. Joel likes it when they come with us because he doesn't have to talk and he swears we run too fast for him to be able to talk. I think he may have been a little embarrassed when we were running around the dam and one of his biker friends passed us. Not only was Joel running, but he was with three girls!
Riverdale with my sweethearts! 
 An embroidery that I finished a few weeks ago. Finally bought a $1.00 hoop to put it in.
 An embroidery that I finished over a year ago! Finally painted the frame.
 Painted the bench Joel made me. These pillows aren't staying. They are just a collection of extra pillows from past beds that have accumulated there.
 This is a 60 year old tatted doily that Joel's Great Grandma Venice made. Grandma betty told me I could have it if I wanted to spray it and pin it out. Of course I jumped at the chance. Grandma said she washed it 30 years ago and it has been in her drawer ever since. I didn't realize it would take hours and hours to pin. It is 12 inches across and see every one of those loops? They each had to have a pin in it. I used three boxes of pins and then didn't want to keep buying more so I started taking them out of dried sections and moving them. I had over 500 pins in it at a time. Phew! Glad that project is done. I am now going to frame it so I never have to do that again!

This lovely little project only took 2.5 years but I love how it turned out! The colors make me so happy and Joel even likes it! It actually wasn't that time consuming I just worked on it and then put it away for a while. The fabric "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was discontinued before I even bought it but I had loved it when I had seen it a couple of years before so I found it on e-bay. Not a smart idea. By the time I finished it I had to scour the internet for the additional fabric I needed but still couldn't find any. It all worked out though (thanks to some old peach table cloths that the Relief Society president gave me to cut up to crochet rugs!) My favorite part is the shams (that include peach table cloth material :))and I sewed them up last minute with some extra pieces I had. The quilter called and told me when I bought the back fabric they had cut it not square so she had to cut it so the quilt ended up smaller than I needed it. I just called my smart Mother and she suggested a ruffle. It made it look so much better and now it is the perfect length. Just waiting for the bed skirt to be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment