Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sick...AGAIN!

We’ve been sick again this week L  We can’t seem to stay well! I was talking to Faylene and we decided it might be a good idea to set off a Lysol bomb in the house!  If only something like that existed!  Anyway- so that’s what we’ve been doing this week- along with helping Jon put a last-minute Science Fair Project together, making homemade laundry soap (I’ll be posting about this on our own blog soon), and Ryder turned eleven months old yesterday!  One more month until he’s ONE!  This past year went by in a flash!!  No picture of the cute little guy though because I couldn’t bring myself to take a picture of his sad little face!  So sad that he’s sick! 

Josh and kids came to visit us this afternoon for a couple hours.  Levi and Ryder took a little bit to warm up to everyone, but it was fun to have some visitors!  We went on a little drive across the London Bridge and then down to the Lake.  The kids had fun putting their feet in the water J  and it was good to get some fresh air!

Tyler left Friday after school for wrestling sectionals, but I’ll let him write about that.  
-Well we had wrestling sectionals a week late after a skin disease broke out in Phoenix.  So we went to Yuma Friday after school and stayed the night in a crazy hotel. It was nice but there were soldiers from all over the world there for desert training. We talked to a guy from Belgium.  As for the wrestling we had our two best wrestlers cruise into the semis where one lost by 1 point in the last seconds of the match and the other just got handled and lost by like 11.  The first one, our 126, recovered and took third. The other, our 170, lost by 2 and didn’t qualify for state- a heartbreaker. He was one of our team captains, a senior and returning state qualifier.  After consoling him I had to take a walk to collect myself as I had tears in my own eyes.  Our 160 who had a lot of potential but only a .500 record placed third. I told him that morning “you are going to surprise a lot of people today” and he did.  Our 195 pounder lost by 1 and took fourth but still qualified. Unfortunately for the second year in a row our heavyweight came up just a little short.  So of the 5 we had in qualifying position 3 qualified.  I was pleased and we will leave this Thursday after school to Prescott Valley for State on Friday and Saturday.   

Well, that’s it for us.  Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment