Sunday, February 16, 2014

Kay, Mom and Mel--Sunday's not over yet!
For as little as I was home the last two weeks you'd think I'd have something interesting to report. But nope. I had a book fair last week at my library. We went with Usborne this time because they set up, run, and take down...all by themselves. A really nice change from the Scholastic fair but not nearly as exciting! They also are generous with their commission and have great non-fiction. I have been doing some weeding and have removed science books from the 60s and biographies (several of them!) from the 50s. Anyway, the Usborne rep couldn't be at my library for an hour during the sale so I was running it. I had just made change to a mom who only had a 100--so all I had left was a 100 bill and three ones. I ran to check out some books for a mom--making sure I could see the fair the whole time--and forgot, just that one time, to take my cash box (which was on a table around the corner) with me. And yep. You guessed it. When I decided to double check my total against my records a few minutes later, I only had three ones.
[A few of my weeded biographies. I may keep the Theodore Roosevelt one in my office forever more. But Seriously, show my a child (well, besides me 35 years ago) who would want to pick up a single one of those books! :) I now have now added all of the new presidents as well as a new Dolly Madison, Amelia Bloomer, Davy Crockett, John Chapman, and John Coltrane--really, what more could you need! ;) Yes, I am aware I am buying books I want to read myself...One of the perks of being a librarian!]
In other news, Emmy thinks she has found a new apartment for school next year (cue Sunrise, Sunset and Slipping Through My Fingers. :( ) Ken keeps telling me I have to let them grow up. I don't know why!  Daphne's boyfriend decided to move back in with his parents until his mission in two months. So I guess the consolation is I may be losing one daughter but I'm getting another daughter back! And really, the Emmy situation is MUCH better this time. She will be living next to campus (In Old Farm, that name will be familiar to some of you! ;) ). She's moving with good friends into a good ward and will be able to start having some of those great times I told her can happen when you live on your own during college--she sure didn't get those before. When I told her that "I told her so" about the last situation she was seriously stunned. She didn't remember that I warned her!!! Very selective memory! :) Well, I think that might be about it. The kids are getting excited about their play, Jungle Book coming up the first part of next month. 
Oh! And remember crazy Aunt Karen? She died this last week. By the time they found out she had cancer it was in every organ and all through her body. They don't even know where it started. Very sad. She had actually, tragically, started to put her life back together after her stint in jail apparently scared her straight. :( 
I think that's about it! Love you all!
Love you all!
                                                                                                                 

1 comment:

  1. When I was a teenager, I got a $100 bonus from my job for Christmas. I had never had a $100 bill before and was way excited! I didn't have a chance to go home that night after work before I headed to a church dance. I tucked the $100 bill in my wallet, inside my purse, inside my backpack. I figured it would be safe at a church dance. I was very sad to find out that I was wrong!! Someone stole it at the dance. Pretty sad!! You can never be too careful!

    ReplyDelete