Sunday, February 23, 2014

Whoa! Am I first??

Unless someone is composing right now and about to post...I am first this week! Wahoo! :) Wow--who didn't love the gorgeous day today? Makes me anxious for Spring. Just a really really lovely day. We've had a nice Sabbath. Church was great, we had a nice Sunday dinner, my house is clean, my husband just left for work and I'm working on my scrapbook. We did have one sad thing...Daph's boyfriend left for two years. She was SO SO sad. (She doesn't know her sweet sister and a couple of their mutual friends are planning to whisk her away as a surprise to go to his farewell in a few weeks).
We had an unusual week with Aunt Karen's funeral. It was pretty nice, I guess. Bunny and Cynthia asked me to find and read a poem ("because I'm a librarian" they said....?). The one I found is so lovely and I got a bit choked up thinking about Dad and just how brief this life has started to seem lately. Instead of boring you with the details of my life: work, driving, work some more, drive some more, I will leave this poem with you. Love you all!
Looking for the Sunrise
--Albert Simson Reitz
I'm not looking for the sunset,
As the swift years come and go;
I am looking for the sunrise,
And the golden morning glow,
Where the light of heaven's glory
Will break forth upon my sight,
In the land that knows no sunset,
Nor the darkness of the night.

I'm not going down the pathway
Toward the setting of the sun,
Where the shadows ever deepen
When the day at last is done;
I am walking up the hillside
Where the sunshine lights the way,
To the glory of the sunrise
Of God's never-ending day.

I'm not going down, but upward,
And the path is never dim,
For the day grows ever brighter
As I journey on with Him.
So my eyes are on the hilltops,
Waiting for the sun to rise,
Waiting for his invitation
To the home beyond the skies.

And darn! Just noticed Jen beat me! :)


1 comment: