This is Tommy's "cute" face. Maizy taught it to him. It is pretty dang funny when he asks for something and says "PLEASE!" and pulls up his shoulder and bats his eyes! It makes me laugh super hard every time!
Happy Birthday Joel! We were getting ready for bed and had just finished our family prayers and I had just said "okay, put it in for the family cheer" and Joel appeared in our bedroom doorway (where we do our prayers and cheer). He was over an hour and a half early. I screamed and the children attacked him. All of them ran for him. It was a pretty happy birthday surprise. Maizy had made him "cookie in a cupcake" but had hid them because she wanted to see him get them and she thought she was going to be in bed when he got home. SO they all immediately retrieved all of their treats and birthday craft that they had made hm.
This is what I was looking out at as I tried to do a nine mile run on my treadmill. I only made it three miles. I got off, changed into some winter running gear and asked Joel if he wanted to go with me because I couldn't do one more second on the treadmill. He quickly got dressed and we headed out into the horrible blowing snow. Fortunately it let up a little while we were running and ended up being a pretty good run. EXCEPT, after about seven miles my heel started hurting really bad (it had been hurting a little for a few weeks). In fact it hurt so bad that we were about a half a mile from home when I hit nine miles and I stopped and walked the rest of the way home. I went to the Dr. on Thursday and he said planters fasciitis. Bummer! Well, he gave me a cortisone shot in my heel. I have never had a shot that caused such excruciating pain! The worst part was that he would pull it back a little and move it to a different spot and shoot more fire into it, pull out a little and push it into a different spot and more fire. It lasted what felt like forever! The best part is that Tommy was with me and jumped off his chair and got in the Dr.'s face and said "You hurt my mom! Don't give her any more shots!" Good to have the little fire cracker looking out for me! and as a side note, the receptionist, after talking to her a bit, we figured out that she is Ralph Call's sister! We talked about Mom's accident and she asked me about Carolyn's accident too. How crazy. Joel pointed out that I have a random connection to a lot of Dr.s here in the valley. My OBGYN's Mom used to hang out with Dad in high school, eye Dr. is from Lewisville, my Chiropractor is my cousin, and now the podiatrist's wife is Ralph Call's sister.
This picture is one of my favorites! Every one of them have their cheeks puffed out as they blow out all 38 candles on Daddy's cake.
Such a cute story about all the kids giving Joel Birthday presents :) And I love the family cheer idea! So fun! My mom has plantar fasciitis and has had to have the heel shots- not fun!! So sorry you have it! I bet you were glad to have Tommy there to tell the Dr. off for you :)
ReplyDelete