I love the view from my front porch!
Oh this week has just been filled with the Christmas spirit! As Christmas inches closer and more and more lights go up, we get more and more excited! Saturday we made a gingerbread house. It was so much fun AFTER we got the parts baked. The dough was so sticky and we couldn't get it off the wax paper. Luckily my level headed husband saved me a "crazy craft lady" episode and we got them baked. Then, the fun decorating began. The girls made the gingerbread men to go in front (our family) I'm little because two big ones didn't work and Tommy is the one driving the sleigh. Joel got some really cool "gold nuggets" from work that are like M&M's. They are candy covered chocolate that are gold and look like little nuggets. So we have a gold nugget walk that our future gingerbread houses will definitely envy. Later we went to Preston to see the lights and played at Arctic Circle. We woke up to lots of snow and it has been snowing all day with 6-8 inches predicted for tonight. Joel and I hooked the sleighs behind our mt. bikes and took the kids sledding down the road. They had more fun than I did. I would be worried about Joel driving to work but apparently we are the only town in the state getting this snow. We checked the traffic cams between here and Elko and from about 10 miles away they have very little snow and the roads are clear. So... let it snow here as long as his drive is clear! See some of you in just one week!
Oh my goodness that sounds soooooo cozy!!!! What a fun week! I really really want it to blizzard here!!! And I want you to pull me in a sleigh when you come!!!
ReplyDeleteYour gingerbread house and family turned out so cute! I love the view out your window, too! We still aren't having much luck with snow....It was pretty much sunny all day!
DeleteYour house and men turned out so cute! Glad you got it to work. What good is having family live close if they don't have parchment paper to loan you? :) You didn't tell everyone how well you did in your new calling today! (Were you there when Laurie rushed up after class to say how sorry she was that she forgot that she had told Iva Jean she would do it?)
ReplyDeletethis looks like sooo much fun!! I absolutely love that view! And the cute little angels at the bottom!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures! I've never attempted gingerbread houses, only the graham cracker kind :) What is your new calling???
ReplyDelete