We bought a fake Christmas tree last year during the end of year clearance and got it put up and decorated this week. It's not nearly as tall/big/full as we imagined it would be, so we will probably be looking for another one after Christmas. It's definitely not the same as having a real tree, but it is easier to take care of. The boys were all so excited to place their special ornaments and surprisingly, Levi and Max have been pretty good so far about leaving the tree alone- probably only because I decided not to use any of the glass ball ornaments this year- ha, ha! The older boys helped Tyler put up the outside lights too. They aren't quite done yet because we need to get some more hooks, but hopefully he'll be able to find some time to get to it in the next 3 weeks or so :) Can you believe Christmas is that close?!
| The Wrestling Team |
| Coach Ruiz & Coach Christensen |
Oh- and one more thing- Taylor made and baked his first batch of cookies ALL by himself on Thursday! They turned out very yummy! Taylor called them his masterpieces :) I'm excited to have someone else who can do that for me every once in a while. I don't mind mixing them up, but baking them is by far not my favorite part.
We got our Christmas cards a few days ago and will probably be mailing them out this week if I can make it to the post office for some stamps- so keep an eye on your mailboxes! :)
This is Kristie. Love all the pictures. Can't believe the kids are all getting so big! Tyler, you look so happy in those coaching pictures. It makes me miss teaching. Good job being a great role model to those boys. Jen, hope you're feeling good. Post a picture of you! You're so cute pregnant! And you'll be happy to know that occasionally Ephraim will say, "Mom, remember Max and Tyler? And we like to say "poopy pants" because it's funny." It always makes me smile. I kind of don't even care that he's saying that, because I love that he has a distinct memory of his Havasu cousin.
ReplyDeleteAwww...little Ephraim. We miss you guys :) Max was so excited to pick out a gift for Ephraim for Christmas! Hope he likes it :) As far as the pregnant picture- Thanks for the compliment! I'll see if I can get Tyler or one of the boys to take a picture so I can post it next week :)
DeleteCute tree!!! I can't believe Taylor is taller than you!!!! Oh man last summer seems like years ago! You really need to post a pregnant pic Jen!!! And have you decided on a name yet???
ReplyDeleteP.s. great job on the cookies Taylor! I can't even make them from start to finish!
Wow, those pictures of Tyler with his team make me happy...so gld that things are going well. Mel and I were looking at some pictures a while back and there was a picture of Taylor when he looked sooo little, hard to believe he is so grown up. How is primary? I looked for some cute little baby boy clothes while I was in OR, but every thing was to wintery for a little Havasu baby! :)
DeleteThanks Mel :) Everyone's asking me to post a pregnant picture, so I guess I'll have to see if I can get Tyler or one of the boys to take one so I can post it next week. We haven't decided on a name yet, although Spider Ryder is on the top of the list ;)
DeleteFaylene- Primary is going pretty good. We're still working out a few kinks, but I think by the first of the year (when everything switches again- ha, ha!) we'll have everthing going smoothly. It's been in the upper 70's and reached 80 a couple times this week, but it's been getting kind of chilly (upper 40's) at night. I keep looking for a little outfit or shoes or something to buy for him too, but haven't seen anything I couldn't pass up :)