Joel walked in on Thursday night from being in Nevada for three days. The first thing I said to him is "YOU CUT YOUR BANGS?". Yes, it is true, he got hold of some scissors. See, he asked me last week to trim the front of his hair because it was too long. I trimmed it and it looked nice, well apparently it wasn't enough. He cut it, and cut it, and cut it to get it straight and out of his eyes. What he ended up with is a straight little line across the top of his forehead, yes, it is out of his eyes. It looks a little like Lloyd on dumb and dumber.
He is a good sport though and even let me wait until Monday to fix it so my friend Darcy could see it at church. Did I mention that I have the greatest husband of all time?! I just love him....even if his hair looks stupid! :) We took Millie out to eat for her birthday and Grandma Betty came. It was a lot of fun and they sang some happy birthday song to her in Spanish. She reacted in typical Millie style and just froze and didn't move even when they put a giant sombrero on her head. After a minute when she was able to move again she smiled and giggled a little. She really liked it. The kids LOVED the reindeer cake. The petshops that we saw at Ross weeks ago that I though she would never think about again were quite possibly to most exciting present she could have gotten. When she opened it she yelled "The petshops I wanted at the store!" Katie called me on her actually birthday to tell me that Millie is so super smart about animals and should be teaching the lessons this week about sea creatures because she knows more about them than the teacher. She also said Millie didn't know it was her birthday. The poor girl. She got so confused about all the celebrating we were doing and then nothing on her actual birthday.
Wednesday some new kids from the ward came over to play and I got out a dozen eggs and sat it on the counter to take to their Mom and got them ready to go and came back up and this is how I found Thomas. He got a bowl that Millie had put some cute little pine cones in, added an orange, three eggs and got out a measuring cup to stir it all up. I couldn't get mad because apparently he just thought he was cooking. There were eggs running down the dishwasher, all over the granite, all over his hands and then he slid down off the stool so that fabric top got covered. What a good little helper!
Maizy decided that she should cancel one of her activities next year but can't decide how to cut one out. She loves drama, dance and piano but that leaves her only Friday that she gets home before 5:45 or 6:00 and then on every other Tuesday she has activity days at 6:00. Miles is ready for summer. About this time every year he gets stir crazy and can't stand staying inside and he keeps saying "Boy, it's hotter than a truckload of flying monkeys in here....I'm melting" and then laughing. It is off of veggie tales but it is often very appropriate with the temperatures we get in here with our awesome wood burning stove. Did I mention that it has started SNOWING!!! Yes! We finally have some accumulation!



Awesome hair, Joel. Makes me want to see Megan get hers cut like Harry. Then you could post THAT picture and call it Dumb and Dumber hair. Happy birthday Millie. I hope you liked the cake that Tommy boy made you. Too funny.
ReplyDelete