| Here's the prego picture for those of you who asked :) |
Taylor's primary class was invited to their teacher's house for a little end of year party last Saturday. He had a great time and couldn't stop talking about how fun it was :) When I got called into Young Women's last year, I decided it would be a good idea to subscribe to the New Era. Yesterday we got the new December magazines and Taylor pulled out the New Era and read a couple articles. He read one about dating and when he was done, he said "There was some pretty good advice on dating in there." It's hard to believe he's getting to the age where he's starting to think about dating! Of course the actual first date is a few years away, but still! Our kids are growing up way too fast!
Jon is growing, growing, growing! He almost weighs as much as Taylor and is also starting to close the gap in height as well. They currently wear the same size in shoes- a 7 in men's. With a father who's 6'3", it will be interesting to see how tall they actually end up! Jon's enjoying Webelos and has a really good leader who's getting him on track for earning his Arrow of Light award.
Max is Max and definitely keeps us on our toes. His last day of pre-school for this semester was on Friday and he brought home quite a few precious little keepsakes that he made for mommy and daddy :) So cute! His teacher told the kids that they were surprises and that they couldn't tell their parents what they were. Max did a very good job at keeping his little gifts for us a secret. He said "My teacher told me not to tell you because it's a surprise, but I made something for you today." They also had a book exchange where they each picked out and wrapped a book to bring for one of their classmates. Max was very excited to give the book to his friend, Maine. Everyone at pre-school calls Max "Super Max".
Crash Jr. 2 (a.k.a.: Levi) took his first dive off the trampoline onto the concrete last week. His poor little face got really bruised and scraped up and of course it was right before our ward Christmas Party. I'm just surprised that it hadn't happened before now. He's also working on potty training himself. Several times in the past couple weeks I've found him in the bathroom sitting on the toilet. Sometimes he's made it in time and sometimes he hasn't, but it's a start, right? I guess it's time to get this little guy some pull-ups. Levi's also become quite the singer. He loves to sing along with the Christmas Carols in the car and throughout the day he spontaneously bursts out singing the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Happy Birthday To You, Jon-uh :) He's also recently become fascinated (more like obsessed) with the iPad and Daddy's phone.
Spider Ryder is kicking up a storm! He moves a lot, especially when he hears his daddy talking to him and also when his mommy is trying to relax. As of now, Ryder is at the top of our list as far as names go. Both Tyler and I like it and haven't agreed on anything else, but I think we will have to wait until he's born to make a for sure decision.
Well- that's our 2-week update since we missed posting last week. Hope everyone is doing well!
Yay belly pic!!! You look so cute! You guys have been very busy it sounds like. Way more exciting than our weeks! :) what are your plans for Christmas? Have you started any traditions with just your fam?
ReplyDeleteThanks Mel :) Our plans for Christmas are to just stay home and relax (after all the presents are opened, of course!) We have started a few traditions- Cinnamon rolls for Breakfast Christmas morning, Opening 1 gift (pajamas) on Christmas Eve, and we have a little Nativity activity where every night in December we read a scripture and a little story and then tape one piece of the nativity on the wall. The kids love it!
DeleteJen, you look adorable! I was wondering if you had any more names....Do you have a middle name you are thinking about? Well, I know that technically, Ryder is the middle name....Spider being the first name....Hahaha, but are there any others you have thought of? looks like things are going well for all of you!
ReplyDeleteAwww...Thanks Faylene! We haven't really talked about middle names yet, although the other day I was thinking about what sounded good with Ryder. Wasn't able to come up with anything though :)
DeleteCute picture of your belly!! I can't believe that picture of Levi! Holy cow that is the worst head bump EVER! Tommy and Levi sing the same songs! How cute is that? I love the name Ryder too!
ReplyDeleteHis bump was soooo big!! I glanced out the sliding glass door just as he was falling off the trampoline and I could not get out there fast enough!! I was really scared that he was going to pass out, so I kept talking to him and didn't let him fall asleep. I iced it right away hoping it would help the swelling go down, and it did a little. It's so sad when little kids get hurt!
DeleteYou look so great!!!! Levi, not so much. Poor little guy. I want to add my voice to those in favor of Ryder. Of course, we will have to call him Spider Ryder the rest of his life! I can't wait to meet him! Are you feeling pretty good?
ReplyDeleteThanks Aleisa :) I am feeling pretty good, other than some pelvic bone pain- did you ever have that? It's awful! Some days I can't even walk without it hurting. I guess there's a name for it- SPD. I had it with Max and Levi, but not this early. I guess it gets worse with each pregnancy and with age. I shouldn't complain though because at least I don't have to deal with morning sickness. Only 12 more weeks to go!
DeleteOh my!! that bump looks painful!!! You look so cute, and your hair is so long! BEAUTIFUL!! your boys will all be taller than me by the time we see them! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Bridget :) Taylor passed me up a couple months ago and Jon is getting close! I'm sure they will grow a lot more between now and summer too!
Delete