I don't have all of the photos I want to post on the computer yet, so I will just throw what we have up so we don't miss another week of posting. After that, I will let Kristie do a little dialoguing with the blog so that readers will have something to do.
spent the first day of our Christmas break in Idaho at work with mom. best part of the trip
hey mom, take a picture of me when I'm like this
hooray for Texas snow
amazing paintings by my artist Corey
a quiet moment on the plane ride to Idaho
Stori and Hazel did lots of sharing:) They didn't ever share their germs though. Amazing!
We had a few families over last weekend for dinner. We did a delicious brisket, so now we're true texans. It was so much fun. This is Tyler, he helped with the brisket instruction.
Well, it's sure hard to catch up after not blogging at all. We loved our time in Idaho because of everyone we got to see, and the feeling of home we enjoyed. We did not enjoy the illness, it lasted the entire time we were there. Isaac just barely got over it actually. His stomach has felt uneasy for a long time. However, we had a lot of things work out perfectly and we felt watched over. In some ways I guess being sick slowed us down a bit so we did more sitting around that we thought we would. Which is nice, right? I'm just happy that it seems we didn't share the bug with anyone else (except Mel and Dan probably:( sorry) We didn't even swap bugs with the Clarkston Petersons. How did we get away with that? We loved seeing friends and going to our Stonehaven ward, sledding and four-wheeling with my family, Christmas Eve (which we have pics of we'll try to post later) and fun movies and extra nights at Grandma Faylene's. Thanks to everyone who helped us, mostly Grandma. You helped us feel at home and welcome even though we were in a less than lovable way:)
We loved being with you.
Since we've gotten back, we have jumped back into school. The kids started piano lessons at the Rockwall School of Music. We'll see how it goes. The nicest part is they all have different teachers at the same time same place. Isaac is playing basketball and is loving it. And Maddie just made the swim team! She's way excited and loves being in the water. It's quite a time commitment but well worth it.
Corey started his guitar lessons. He's doing great. And aren't his paintings amazing! I can't wait until he illustrates his own book.
Love you all! Hope we get to see everyone next time around









Love Corey's paintings.....didn't know he was trying watercolors....not surprised he is doing such a good job. Congrats to Maddie on the swim team! I hope she enjoys it as much as Grace and Cole.
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE Corey's paintings!!! sounds like you guys are having so much fun and staying very busy! I love that family photo-how is it that everyone is doing a cute pose and smiling?!?! Amazing! :) I couldn't open the videos you posted for some reason?! :( very sad!
ReplyDelete