Monday, January 21, 2013

Still no pictures from the Peterson's

Apparently it is just broken for me? This week was less than exciting. Unless you count 5 loads of throw up laundry on Wednesday exciting. I know I do! Millie got a bug and was sleeping in the same bed as Lilly the night she started throwing up. I don't know how everyone seemed to avoid it but fingers crossed they did. Millie didn't keep one thing down for two days and two nights. Poor little lamb! Maizy was her over reactive self when it comes to throw up and called me Thursday morning from school crying and saying she got what Millie had. I went and got her and voila, she was fine all day. At least she got a clean room out of the deal. The girls are including Tommy a little too much in their play. He loves chapstick and when I was getting ready for church on sunday he saw me put on lipstick and said he wanted princess lips! I told him to go hammer something and he took off saying "I wanna hammer! I wanna hammer!" Today he put on Maizy's crown and said "Mama look I'n a princess". I was sick all day today. Some weird stomach pain that made me nauseous and then my kidneys hurt so bad I just laid there with two cute little owl rice bags Stori gave Maizy for Christmas. Tommy came in and crawled up on me and gave me big snuggles and said "I'n Daddy's Thomas". RUDE! I told him he was Mamas Thomas but he wouldn't budge.  On Sunday Miles sat down at the table and huge tears just ran down his face and he cried and cried. He finally said "I want bean burrito". We laughed really hard when we looked at what we were having. I think he was really hungry and excited to eat and realized he couldn't eat anything we were eating. We realized at that point that we are always praying that Miles will be able to talk and communicate with us but we need to be a little more grateful for how much he can. That made that situation MUCH easier.  Joel finally killed the rooster! The mean one! I refused to go out to feed them again because the last time I went out he attacked me 3 or 4 times! Roosters are scary and evil when they decide they don't like you. I'm glad no neighbors were out because they would have thought someone was being murdered in the coop when it got me! He cooked up to absolutely nothing and his dark meat was as hard as rawhide. The chicken and dumplings we made out of him were SUPER good though. I just have to say, pulling warm guts out of a rooster was much more disgusting than the turkey for some reason. I was proud of my man for at least doing the killing!

3 comments:

  1. Did Miles know you were eating the rooster? Tommy is so funny....he is the opposite of Millie who is always trying to make you feel good about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan- I haven't been able to upload pictures straight from our computer either. I had to upload them to a Picasa Web Album and then to the blog from there to get them on here. I can't see the little browse button on our own blog either.

    Sad you guys have been sick. Max is sick AGAIN too. No fun when there's sickness around :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick again??? sheesh!!! when i was sick i was nautious with kidney pain too! the worst! and man do i love those little chillens!! tommy will be the perfect husband: sensitive yet knows how to use a hammer! haha.

    ReplyDelete