Sunday, January 27, 2013

Never-ending sickness

We've spent the week being sick AGAIN.  Took Max and Levi to the Dr. on Tuesday.  Levi had mild bronchitis so we got him on some antibiotics and I ended up in the E.R. with Max because his oxygen levels were too low.  Tyler was out of town for a wrestling meet and was worried sick.  Spent about 4 hours at the hospital.  Max did really well.  He had a breathing treatment, a chest X-ray, and a bunch of medicine- which made him feel a lot better.  Turns out he had acute bronchitis.  Left with 3 prescriptions and a hyper little boy from the prednisone. 

Tuesday night Levi had a really hard time sleeping.  He woke up several times and was up most of the night.  One time he woke up screaming and freaking out.  He kept looking around and getting this terrified look on his face and then he would scream and hide his face.  He kept saying the doggies were going to get him.  It was really scary- almost like he was hallucinating or something.  We don't know if it was from him having a fever or maybe a night terror, but it was definitely not fun.


Sick little boy :(

Taylor stayed home from school Wednesday and Thursday.  Took him in to the Dr. on Thursday.  No bronchitis, just a really bad cough/cold.  Dr. prescribed him with an inhaler which isn't helping much, but I guess it's all they could give him.

Tyler had a wrestling tournament Wednesday night which went really well (they won), except he cost his team a point for getting a little upset at a call that one of the refs made.  With everyone being so sick, he decided to stay home from work on Thursday which I was very thankful for.  I was able to get a pretty good nap in. 

I had my 33 week check-up on Thursday.  Everything is going well with Spider Ryder.  Tyler was able to go with me to the appt.  It's always so cool to hear the baby's heartbeat.

I woke up with tight lungs and a cough Friday morning.  I was trying so hard not to get sick, but I guess the combination of being pregnant, lack of sleep, and taking care of all these sickies made that impossible.  Tyler and Jon are the only ones so far who haven't gotten it this time around.  

Friday at school, Tyler and a few of the other teachers in the Spanish department played "Don't Forget the Lyrics" against some other departments in the school in a pep assembly.  Their song was Ice Ice Baby.  Tyler and 3 other teachers started off singing and then the other two stopped because they couldn't remember the words, but Tyler kept going.  He rapped several more lines and had the entire gym on their feet.  Now his new nickname at school is "Ice-man".  He said one of his students got it recorded on her phone and is supposed to e-mail it to him.  It will be fun to see it if she's able to get it sent.
Max and Levi playing on the i-Pad in the little cubby of the entertainment center-
How can that be comfortable???
Well- that's about it for our week.  Here's to hoping we're all better by next Sunday!  Hope everyone else is doing well :)

5 comments:

  1. I hope you plan on following through on getting that video and sharing with us all:) I hope you guys arebfeelin better

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture had me laughing right out loud! haha so cute! But that first picture just made me so very sad! I need to give all of those sickies a big hug! I can't believe you guys are still sick---what is going on??? Glad tyler wasn't sick during the pep assembly! haha I would have hated for him to not be able to share his talents! :) So hopefully he gets that video soon so we can watch it!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Oh my! Poor Jen....you definitely need everone to get well so you can rest up a little before the baby comes! And Tyler, you are not going to be a popular coach if you lose your team points! :) You crazy boy! I am anxiously waiting for the infamous video too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man you guys have been hit hard! NO FUN AT ALL! I can"t wait for the video too funny! Jen you are so close I can't believe it!!!So exciting- YAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for all that sickness! I thought maybe living where the weather was different might make the sicknes less! You know, the story about Tyler getting a point taken off from his team made me remember when he was just a little guy yelling "your nothin' but a dumb A** ref!" after he called Tyler out after he was clearly safe after sliding into home. I hope he didn't use the same sentence on this ref! But it did make me laugh a little. :)

    ReplyDelete