The snowmobile has been a LOT of fun for the girls! It has helped a little with the spring fever going on here! Millie is constantly saying how she wishes it was warm enough to jump on the tramp with the sprinkler and play outside but when I said it she couldn't ride the snowmobile if it was warm it made her happy about the weather for about 5 seconds. Miles is interested but is still a little too scared to get on it. Tommy hasn't ever been awake when it has gone out but I'm sure he will be a fan too.
This is the rooster! Can you believe how weird it looks cooked up? As little meat as that rooster gave us it was still such yummy soup!
Millie had Sam over for a sleepover. They has SOOO much fun! I'm not sure that Sam could have ever felt as loved as he did with Millie and Tommy following him around the whole time. He was also super excited about the fact that he was the "only Arnold" at our house. Millie talked about it from the time she invited him until he got here. She also planned to have orange Julius for the sleepover treat which they thought was so exciting. They slept on the big pillow and watched movies.
The tree guy came to cut down the last big pine tree I hope to ever have to murder. It really is sad cutting down these big trees. When we get wood they are always dead but cutting down these big pieces of history is kind of sad. As soon as Tommy saw him out there he yelled "I'm gotta get my toy saw!" He ran down to get it and ran out the door. I followed behind him trying to get his coat and shoes on. Later while Joel and I were hauling it back he came out with no jammy bottoms on, just a diaper, his boots and his chain saw and told us "I'm gonna help you!" I was pretty cute with his black eye and crazy hair. Speaking of bruises, I stepped on the water meter cover while I was hooking the tow strap onto the truck and it was crooked so my leg fell all the way in. I only stopped when my but hit the top of it. It was painful and now I have lots of great bruises too.
The Arnolds came over today for dinner. It was a lot of fun! I had some of her kids and mine on the way home from church. There were no tracks and 6 inches of snow on the road and it was still coming down and blowing. I couldn't see ANYTHING! I didn't dare stop because I knew I would get stuck so I just tried to stay in the middle as much as I could with Maizy and Bron saying, I think you need to go this way more, no, this way. It was crazy snowy weather. Luckily the Arnolds made it and we had a LOT of food. I guess 8 extra people don't eat as much as I thought they would! Oh yes, and my laundry room and pantry are framed in! My pantry is a little on the small side but I'm sure it will work!I LOVE YOU ALL!
Well, once again a great example of how helpful our blog is at keeping others informed about what is going on in our lives....I had no idea that you have a snowmobile ( I think they are now called sleds...? :} I'm definitely not up on these things ) Cute little Tommy is sooo helpful! Also, I am so excited for you ....you are getting quite alot done on your house in spite of the weather!
ReplyDeleteYa meg, they are called Sleds now! How embarrassing! That turkey looks soooo ridiculous haha! It must have had long skinny legs! Ha! Millie and Sam are such cute friends!! Oh and How did tommy get a black eye?
ReplyDeleteRooster?
DeleteTurkey/rooster. Tomayto/tamahto
DeleteTurkey/rooster. Tomayto/tamahto
DeleteSleds? Really? Then what do you call actual sleds? Mom, you can't correct me for saying snowmobile if you spell "alot" as one word! How embarassing!:) We told Joel's Dad we would buy it but not this year because we don't have any extra money, but he said we didn't need to pay him. Then he called a couple of weeks ago and told us we needed to come get it to play in the snow. Nice huh? So they might have to wait for their payment for a summer.
ReplyDeleteThat correction was for me....not you....:)
Delete