Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Cold Peterson's

Well...it has been so very cold here just like everywhere else. Except the Texans and Arizonans I guess. The kids went back to school which is always so very sad and Joel went back to work which wasn't AS sad because he was only gone for one day! Now that he is headed back for three nights we are extra sad. :( We get to close on our loan on Friday and we have EVERYTHING ready to go. None of that matters though, because it is just too cold. We have to use water to get the asbestos siding off our house and with the highs in the single digits that just isn't going to happen. Joel cut one of our freaking huge pine trees down from the front yard last Saturday but when it is only 5 degrees it makes clean-up miserable. So half of that tree is still consuming our entire side yard, it is so big! One more needs to come down but again...waiting for it to warm up just a little! We were thinking about keeping it but when we took down the middle one we realized that it is about 80 feet tall but just has about three branches on it! It looks so stupid! I laugh every time I notice it. Maybe we can do that on Saturday? This weekend Joel thought it would be warmer up at Hardware Ranch because the Beav was in the 30's. We were surprised that as we drove up the canyon it warmed up to a whopping 13 degrees. Luckily, we were all bundled up in snow suits and it was sunny so it actually seemed pretty nice. We took a sleigh ride out to see the Elk. The kids LOVED it! There were big Clydesdale's pulling the sled that the kids loved as much as the Elk. I took this awesome video by chance when we were listening to the babies call. They sound like little kitties and I was super surprised. I started video taping when they got loud the second time and followed this one. It was so cute when we realised it was calling to its Mama so it could get a drink and the Mom was coming to find the baby! Loved it! When we got home Tommy poured food coloring on the cheese for the enchiladas when I wasn't looking. GREEN food coloring. UGH! I had to not look when I was eating. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention that at church today we had to sit up in the balcony because it was so full. Toward the end Tommy was of course restless and was looking up behind us at the Arnold's. I turn around and see Aleisa and Ken both leaning forward motioning for him to come see them! It was pretty funny though to see the "deer in the headlights look" they both had on their faces when they saw me turn around, and immediately dropped their hands.
I guess I will have to post the video and pictures later because it isn't working right now. :(

2 comments:

  1. why do you guys have to do such fun things all the time! you're making us look reaaaal bad over here! We get excited if we take a trip to Walmart! I really really really want to go on that sleigh ride, but I guess watching the video will have to do...
    And be thinking of things I can get at Hobby Lobby cause this gift card needs to be used and cafe sabor needs to be in my belly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! We weren't trying to get him to come play with us! We were just, uh, waving! :) He is seriously so stinking cute, though! Glad he did come to play with us for a little while--even though that is DEFINITELY NOT what we wanted! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete