Sunday, January 27, 2013

SDROFDAR-RADFORDS

Well hello dear family! Forgive me for not writing last week-we spent the weekend out at mom's and didn't even think to open our computers! But here's our week... as boring as it may be to read! :)

 As of last monday, our women's league vball team still hasn't won! haha each week we get 4 different players and we still don't have a setter so it is making things kinda difficult! I don't mind, as long as I get to play. It's pretty much my only form of exercise. (besides bouncing store to the ceiling 1 million times a day and dancing with her to all her favorite songs)!

 On wednesday, dan only had one client so we spent the day at the Madison Library. Can I just say how annoying it is that they keep computers right by the books and the play center?! I spent most of my time trying to divert her attention away from them. She really enjoyed the fish tank, the bean bag chair area, the play center, and the millions of books she could just play with. It was a lot of fun!


 Thursday, Dan worked the entire day (finally, YAY!) so I went with Alicia, Haily, and their kids to "The Craze." It's a place where they have blow up slides, jumping area, a big horse, arcade games, big tunnels like at McDonalds, a gymnastics mat, and tons of floor toys. It was great to just sit on the big fluffy couch and talk to my friends while the kids entertained themselves and got really tired for bed! It's $3 for the whole day so you can take your kids home for lunch and a nap and go back until it closes.
 Our good friends Tracen and Melissa were finally able to adopt a sweet little boy, so I went to the baby shower for little Grover Wesley Peterson on Saturday. He was only 4lb 12oz so he was sooooo tiny! He got released from the NICU the day before the shower so they surprised everyone by bringing him to Idaho. We are so happy for them!!!
After the shower I was able to take Stori outside to play in the snow. It was about 40 degrees so it was melting fast, but at least we were able to stand being outside for more than 4 seconds. Dan went shooting with some friends from the ward while we played so my pictures aren't great quality and her hair is a mess because we stole her hat to put on the snowman haha!

Dan is very proud of himself this week for a very special reason! he has gone 6 full days without a single sip of soda! We signed the contract last Sunday stating that he won't have any form of soda until he reaches his goal weight! So each morning he works out for an hour and each day he is eating much less. 
The official motto is "each day I work out is one day closer to a soda." ha!
And this little stinker still won't eat chocolate, cookies, or any other sweet for that matter. (I lied, she likes ice cream sometimes). BUT, I put a tiny bit of chocolate in her mouth when she was distracted and she gagged until i got every morsel out. Then I gave up and sliced an entire tomato for her to eat. which she downed in 3 seconds. what a weirdo!
the end.

6 comments:

  1. I truly wish that I hated Chocolate and cookies.... I am so so happy for Tracen and Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can"t believe Stori! I think Molly's first words were I chocolate! You are a good mom!!! Way to go Dan!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Scott sent Dan a text wishing him luck this morning! We got a good laugh from it! :)

      Delete
  3. Hahahahah! Way to go Dan! and I had no idea Stori's eating habbits were so healthy! I will have to grow her a bunch more tomatoes this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will!!! I wish I had my own garden! Stupid 500sq ft apt! Dan thinks 2 weeks til we go visit--that work? We'll make mother come too! :)

      Delete
  4. I like to think I had a little part in dan's signing of the contract with my beautiful wife as the witness :)

    ReplyDelete