Sunday, January 27, 2013

I almost hate to post on the blog....my life is so boring...There isn't much to talk about except the weather  ( it's a lot warmer, but we got more snow so the roads are slick :(  )   and work ( go to work, work hard all day then go home) .  I did have a day off on Friday so Lynne and I went to visit Dorothy Walker....I'm her visiting teacher, and Lynne and Mark are her home teachers.  It was really a fun visit...we helped her sort through some of her Christmas wrapping materiels that she wanted to save, then she took us to lunch at Mcdonalds!  She is so interesting to talk to, she reads a lot, and remembers it!  Such a wonderful lady.  :)  After that, Lynne and I met Lori and went to Les Miserables.  The second time for Lori and me,  the first for Lynne.....she really liked it!  I let her borrow my dvd of the 25th anniversary concert, and she watched it before we went....I think it made a big difference....she didn't know much about it before.  Also, more excitement... I read a book this weekend...I know.... my life is almost too exciting for words. :)  It was a really interesting book though.  It took place in Austria from pre WW1 up until the WW2 was starting...almost 600 pages....fascinating!

I love my family!  I hope you are all well and happy!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. How did you like the movie the second time? And how cute that dorothy took you to McDonalds! :) she's still young at heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the movie every bit as much the second time around. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh Dorothy is so cute! What was the book called? i really like that era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was The Last Waltz by G. G. Vandagriff. I have read quite a lot about several other countries during that time period, but not Austria. Very thought provoking.

      Delete
  3. It has got to be kind of nice to have time to read a book after how crazy your life has been for months and years! You will have to come visit us soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading at the time, but now I am suffering from "reader's remorse"....I had quite a few of projects that needed attention. :)

      Delete