It is a rather gloomy looking day, but, not in a depressing or melancholy way.....just not bright and sunny like a Sunday should be. It is warm though (upper thirties)....... that is a good thing.
It was a fairly good week at work. We finally got on top of things enough to be able to stay caught up. We are still busy all day every day making goodies, but at least we aren't out of everything all of the time like we have been since Valentines's Day. I really dislike that feeling!
I was off on Friday this week. Nothing very pressing that I had to have done, so I was finally able to take Sherlene to lunch for her birthday. It was a fun afternoon. We went to Captain's Cove. (Sherlene's request) It was fun, quiet, and relaxing. Quiet because we skipped the busy lunch time by going a little later....:) The food was good as well. After lunch, we met up with Melanie and Stori. Stori, it seems, has outgrown most of her clothes. So, it was a mini shopping spree for her. Sad to say, she didn't enjoy it quite as much as we did. :)
Friday March 1st was 44 years since your Dad and I were married....that is a crazy long time! :)
Yesterday, Amber Andrews and Trey came to visit....Amber is opening a shop in I F. She needed to borrow a ladder to finish her painting. It was fun to visit with them and catch up a little on Suzanne's family. Sadly, I don't get to talk to Suz that much anymore.
I have had a little more time lately, (nursery doesn't take quite as much time as RS Pres :) ) so I have gotten back into watching some BBC shows on netflix. Before Downton Abby ( thanks Bridget for getting me hooked on that) I watched Larkrise To Candleford, Bramwell, LandGirls, Doc Martin and some others that I can't recall. I also watched Call The Midwife on PBS last fall. So recently I started watching Wives And Daughters and North And South. For some crazy reason I really enjoy watching the BBC type shows.
Well, enough of my very uneventful (thank goodness) life. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love to all of you! XOXOXO
A line in your first paragraph sounds like a song on State Fair or something! :) I liked it. And I definitely enjoyed our shopping trip more once dan came and rescued store from any more stores! poor thing! BBC shows are running your life! Don't you have time for Blue Bloods or Castle anymore?? how sad.
ReplyDeleteWell mother we don't watchh BBC shows except wife likes Downtown Abbey me nort so much. However it was 88 here yesterday so bring your shorts and flip-flops. We and the boys are excited for you to coe in one week.
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to finally talk to you! I will have to check out those BBC show.
ReplyDeleteLove you Bridget
In all of your extra time you need to come and visit us! The roads should even be dry now. Don't have too much fun in the sun!
ReplyDelete