Sunday, May 12, 2013
From the Petersons
I should just say "ditto" to all of the cute posts and call it good! It is true, I have the greatest mother of all time! I'm glad we got to spend time with her and some of our family Saturday. I love family get togethers even if they are sparser than they used to be! This week we did a whole lot of tear off (three layers of shingles) on part of our roof and I learned something new about myself. I am afraid of heights! Yup, I never used to be and would climb up that old tree across the street barefoot and with one hand holding onto my shirt full of apples. But put me on a 10 foot roof and for some reason I am paralyzed. I would have been a hole lot more help if I had been able to stand up and walk around! One part wasn't as steep so I was okay and worked a lot on that side but when it came to the steep side I sat on my butt and scraped shingles with my shoved from the top and side. We finally got it done and the "guys" as Tommy calls them, put up the new sheeting and then after Lil's baptism we put up the felt. It is getting really fun to be able to see what it is going to look like now that we are getting closer. Bron and Maizy and Millie tried to go up to the second floor last night to go star gazing but they came in about five seconds later because they were scared. They are sad that we are getting trusses up next week because they thought that was perfect to get to star gaze as long as a parent goes with them. For those of you that are wondering, Stori still doesn't care for me. Another meeting and another shun. Good thing I love her enough for the both of us! She doesn't spit anymore when I kiss her and I take that as a HUGE improvement! I had a super fun mothers day. The girls made me pictures that were of their hands they traced and cut out and glued onto a piece of paper holding a bouquet of flowers, so cute! The kids and Joel picked me out Oreo and a running shirt that is turquoise! I love it! We went up into our new room and had lunch up there on a blanket and when Tommy woke up we went for a picnic up at the trail head of gunsight. Happy Mother's Day to all of you cute Mother's in my life. I really do love every one of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited about your addition. It is looking GOOD! It was a fun get together on Sat.
ReplyDelete