Sunday, May 5, 2013

Popcorn popping on the apricot tree


 Another week of groundhog's day....the movie that is....day after day of basic sameness.  Didn't get a break during the week, five days of 101/2 to 11 hour days.  Then, because it was sooo much fun, I repeated last Saturday!  I worked soooo hard last Sat. ( remember me going on and  on about it?  :)  )  Monday brought with it horrific winds.......and yes, you guessed it ....my trees gave up their branches....all over my yard!  I almost cried when I drove into the driveway after work!  Sooo, bright and early yesterday morning, I headed out with rake in hand.  I did have a little help this time.  Melanie and Stori came and helped for a while.  Trey ( Amber's son) climbed up on the roof and cleaned it off before they left for the day. And, Dan and his Dad innocently stopped by.... :)  They all helpedfor a bit.  It made a huge difference!
  While I was in the front yard raking by myself, I had this image in my head..... if you have seen Notting Hill, the movie with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts, you know the scene where he is walking down the street, and as he walks past the street vendors, the seasons change... well, in my version, I am raking up branches in my yard, but as I rake, I just get older, and older......hahaha,  the mind gets bored.  :)
 Yesterday was beautiful!  There were a few rain showers in the afternoon, perfect timing for a lunch break.  After the storm, the sun came out....I love how it smells and feels after a little rain!  As I was hauling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow out to my burn pile, ( I actually got almost the entire yard done this time  :) ) I couldn't help but think how much I  love my yard.... There were tiny green leaves starting on all of the quakies, AND the popcorn was popping on the apricot trees! On top of that, by walking out in the field every few minutes, I got to enjoy the beautiful sunset!  Perfect.
 I know I have a rather boring life, and it doesn't make for very exciting  reading, but, I want you to know that I am very grateful for this life, for my job, my home, and especially for my family! I am reminded every day how lucky I am!

 Love to all of you!   XOXOXOX

4 comments:

  1. you DO have an amazing yard! The branches on the ground only add to it's beauty! :) Can't believe you worked until sunset you crazy! Wish you didn't have to work so much at the Caramel Tree and that you didn't have to work so much in the yard. Hopefully we can fix that stupid lawn mower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kristie. What a hard worker you are. We love you and wish we could help you with your yard...and enjoy a sunday evening in it with you too. Thanks for being such a positive person. We are grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Mom! No Fun! I wish we were there to help!!! Do you know if you will be able to have any time off in July?? They need to give you paid vacation time for as much as you are working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about trying to get off for a few days while everyone is here, and maybe going in early some days.....I've got to work something out....life is too short to miss out on time with family!

      Delete