Sunday, May 5, 2013

Petersons Update

Well, we had a fun, fairly unproductive week. Joel had the whole week off, YAY! He was planning on building our front porch but unfortunately the beams didn't get put up yet.:( but fortunately our entire floor level of the garage got framed in! :) My friends came over to register for the St. George marathon and Darcy told me the next day her son, who is 3 said "Why do they just want to make their house look like junk?" I thought it was hilarious! With all our broken concrete and rebar sticking out all over the place it definitely looks like a lot of junk. I told her today how funny I thought it was and she said he just keep saying "What a hunk of junk!" she got mad at him and said that isn't nice to say and that we aren't going to leave it like that.
 Saturday Joel was outside burning the cedar shakes from the side of our house and I looked out the door and saw Joel bolt through the back yard toward the front saying under his breath "Stop....backup, backup, backup" it kind of panicked me and looked out the front and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Well...he had left the ladder up that went to the second floor (that doesn't have walls yet) and T had just left Joel's sight when he heard "Hey Dad! I up here!" and was running toward the edge of the floor to look down and show Joel. Since Tommy doesn't listen good Joel knew the best option was to go grab the silly little boy. Needless to say, there was an UNHAPPY Mommy, that the silly Daddy left the ladder up! Tommy LOVES "the guys" here working. He always heads out and says "hey guys, what ya doin'? Guys what's up?" Luckily they are nice to him.
Friday, Maizy, Millie, Daph, Bron, Lily, Aleisa and I went to eat at Bluebird and then to the Cinderella ballet. It was fun even though about a half hour before we left Millie went ballistic because she thought she had gone deaf in one ear because she couldn't hear out of it. She had a cold but me explaining that to her just wasn't enough. She cried the ENTIRE time we were at the Bluebird and ate 0 food and said she wanted to go take a nap in the van. I told her she could sit on my lap at the ballet and fall asleep but she cried that she didn't want to miss any of it. Well, she was glued to it and loved watching it but at intermission she told me she wanted to go home and sleep. Maizy stayed and went home with Aleisa and Millie fell asleep within seconds of getting in the van. The girls all looked so pretty in their princess dress ups. Even Daph wore a tiara.

2 comments:

  1. Man I can't wait to see your house; junk and all! :) I love that cute princess picture of the girls... did you do their hair and makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy is so funny....such a cute little " wild child". I'm so glad you were enjoying the ballet...even if you knew you wouldn't. :) Such a fun thing to do with cousins. And Daphne.....I just love that she joined right in!!! I am getting so excited to see your house!

    ReplyDelete