Sunday, June 16, 2013

A little bit of excitement at my house!

So, my week was really good for the most part.......   I got my driveway paved....it looks so good!  On Thursday , Amber and Josiah came with a bobcat and leveled out the topsoil.....really nice, but maybe a little late for a lot of people gathering at my house.  :)  Anyway, it was so very nice of them.  Megan and her kids came Friday night.  Early Saturday morning ( 6:00 AM ) I went out to try and get the rest of the grass and weeds out of the south flowerbed.  Megan, Millie and Maizy came out a little later to help ( I should add Thomas....he was so very helpful ;) )...... we finished that, and got bark spread on all of it.   Nice!  Megan needed to do her eleven mile run,  so we took Gatorade and dropped it at strategic spots. Megan started her run, we waited for half an hour then drove to find her and give her water.  When we left, poor Miles, freaked out, thinking we were leaving his mom....so sad.  When she got back, we raked the dirt and spread seed. ( this is why I'm thinking it's a little close to when everyone is coming.  :)  )  By that time, it was about 9:30, and that is when everything went horribly wrong!  Megan had roped off the area where we had seeded, and needed something to cut the string...... I started up the steps to get scissors, somehow lost my balance and fell backwards down the stairs, landing on my right side on top of  Megan who was sitting on the bottom step bending over.... poor girl!  We were both writhing on the ground trying to breath....  it was a terrible, terrible accident!  I was just sick,so worried about Megan's back.  We still don't know the extent of her injuries.  She actually woke up feeling a lot better, but isn't feeling very well now.  Maizy said I bounced off Megan and landed on the ground.  Megan thinks she saved my life..... :)  She also said if it had been one of the kids, it would have killed them, and she would never have spoken to me again.....and, she is very serious about that.  I either cracked or badly bruised my ribs, or pulled all of the muscles on my side.  ( or all of the above  :) )  I can't lie down, had to sleep in the broken recliner.  And, when I get in it, I can't get up.  What a miserable pair we are.  I really feel awful about the whole thing.  And there in a nutshell is my week.

I'm excited to see everyone!  May have to have some help getting the bedding washed and the beds made.  :)  Love to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing Megan was there to save your life! :)I hope you both start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your terrible terrible accident! Hope you are feeling better soon! Only two more days until we leave to come see you!! Hope you're as excited as we are :)

    ReplyDelete