Sunday, June 9, 2013

a little catch up

I got way behind on my blog so I did a catch up. This later church makes it hard for me to get my posts on! Here it is from my blog. Well....I haven't put pictures on for quite a while so I thought I would just do a quick picture update now that I have the pictures on the computer.
This was the first phase on our house...the foundation. Looks pretty impressive right? ::)

 Where did these kids come from? I would have freaked out just looking at that culvert at that age and they thought it was fun to crawl through! That is 20 feet! Tommy is my only claustrophobic child and he was the one in there the most! Anytime anything new happened to the house, it was a new playground for them.

 Maizy had her final event "Evening of Excellence" for the Gifted and Talented program she is in. She did her report/presentation on Ruby Bridges. She did the entire thing herself, including the research. It was so much fun to see all those kids up on the stage dressed up as the person they chose. Maizy put a lot of time into picking out a costume to portray a little black girl in the 60's. She also had a friend birthday party this year and she loved it! She still talks about it. She wanted a beach theme like her last one so we did some grass skirts, flower lais , beach Barbie cake, a watermelon shark and a hula contest. This is also where they recorded their video of "call me maybe".
 Miles had the cutest program at school. The teacher let the kids choose what songs to sing and one of them was gangman style. It was hilarious watching those little kids to that silly dance! Miles said his part so good. Unfortunately, that tiny picture I have of him up in the corner is the only picture I got, the rest is video. The girls had their dance performance. It was so fun to watch them, but once again, they held us prisoner to watch and re-watch (don't even get me started on that one) the company dancers.  The had so much fun and always love performing. T came in asking me to help him put on his helmet and headed out to ride his bike. We are glad he finally fits it. He LOVES riding his bike!
 Some random pics of the kids. It is definitely time for Miles to start sleeping in his own bedroom. Three kids do NOT fit well in a full size bed! Timing will be good when we move to our new rooms upstairs and he shares a room with T. He just hates sleeping alone and the girls are sweet enough to let him come in with them. I went to the bathroom for 5 seconds and when I came out, half of the loaf of French bread was gone. Just gone. No one around and half a loaf gone. I yelled to Miles and this is how he came up the stairs. That's my boy! :) Maiz also had her piano recital. She practiced so hard and did a great job!
 Miles chose an angry bird cake this year for his birthday so we went with that theme and he really liked it. In fact he liked it so much that one morning when I told him to go get dressed he had his shorts on forever and he finally came out of the laundry room with his angry birds shirt that Grandma Faylene gave him for his birthday. Apparently he was looking everywhere for it and found it. I let him wear it dirty anyway because we thought it was cute. We went to jump zone and he couldn't wait to get in there on those trampolines! They all had so so much fun! Including Joel and me!

Millie graduated from preschool! Yes that is one of my best friends Katie again. She is Millie's preschool teacher and Maizy's piano teacher and runs with me. Convenient! Millie's program was so cute! Once again, I only got one picture but figured out how to use the screen shots of the video as pictures.
     
This week should be pretty eventful. I won't have a husband, the heating man is finishing up on Monday, plumber should be done Monday or Tuesday and the electrician is coming Wednesday. Sheetrock will be delivered somewhere in there as well. Hopefully carpenters are coming to finish that dang porch! I don't know why they are dragging their feet so bad on that. I helped Joel put on house wrap this weekend and it is HARD! Kind of like trying to wrap a really big present 30 feet in the air with 9 foot wrapping paper! I will try to remember to get a picture of the house up Bridget. I need to go take one so I can put it on! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. It's so fun to see an update Megan. Super cute pictures. Sounds like the house has been so much work, but it will be so worth it! can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures... once again, it makes me feel like I'm not missing out on so much! I definitely need to see a newer update on your house though!

    ReplyDelete