I told Tyler that I wanted him to do a post on Father's Day. I'm so glad that he's willing to post every once in a while. I enjoy reading what he writes as I'm sure do all of you. I'm so grateful for the Dad that he is to our boys and for the example he sets for them. Max and Levi had fun making him cards this morning and giving him his gift. They get so excited when someone gets a present- it's pretty cute :)
Well, since Tyler wrote about Father's Day, I guess I get to write about our week.
First of all- Happy Father's Day to all the dads in the family! We hope you've all had a wonderful day :)
Over the past few weeks Tyler and I have been in charge of or asked to do a lot of different things for Church. My counselors in Primary have both been gone for a couple weeks, so it's been me conducting Primary and planning and presenting sharing time for the past 3 Sundays in a row. Yesterday the Primary was in charge of building cleaning, so I went to help with that. Last night the daughter of a couple we're friends with was baptized and they asked me (with about 3 days notice) to give a talk on the Holy Ghost, so I spent some time on Friday getting my talk ready and then went to the church last night for the baptism. The Primary gives each child who's baptized a towel with CTR applicaid on it, so I got that done on Friday as well. The man from Guatemala that's been to our house for a few discussions from the missionaries asked Tyler to baptize him. His baptism was today after church. A few weeks ago I was asked to put together a Primary Inservice/Training meeting and dinner, so that's this coming Tuesday. I will spend tomorrow getting the training part finalized. Let's see....other than a few other minor things, I think that's about it! Phew! Anyway, as much as we enjoy being able to serve and help others, and we know we are truly blessed for what we do, we are both ready for a little break! :) We are so excited for our visit to Idaho! We can't wait to see everyone including Taylor and Jon who are meeting us there July 5th!! So they will be there for the Fun Run- Yay!
Here are some pictures from our week:
| Max and Levi building a "Police Station" with Jenga blocks and Dominos |
A few friends in our ward kept asking if I was going to have a jewelry open house before we left for Idaho, so I decided to have one on Tuesday. It was pretty successful and ended with Levi and Max modeling the jewelry :) I'm sure Tyler loved this!
| Max made a little comfy bed in the front room for the 3 of them- so cute! |
| Excited to get away from this heat for a little while! |
| Ryder woke up from his nap and Max heard him crying and climbed in the crib with him to comfort him- what a good big brother! |
| We've been working with Levi a little bit on potty-training. The other day he decided he needed a helmet on. |

This is Kristie. great post Tyler. Kent was a great dad. I miss him a lot and I"m so grateful for what he taught and gave Corey. Jen, you DO need a break from church stuff. Good job helping so many when you have your hands so full with your little ones. The blessings outweigh the sacrifice every time. Excited to see you!
ReplyDeleteTyler, you are such a cute dad! So glad you guys are coming this week! I hope you don't expect everything to be perfect when you get here.....:(
ReplyDelete