Sunday, November 25, 2012
An interesting holiday
We had an interesting holiday week here! Norris had some back surgery on Monday and things were going really well. We decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday or Sunday to get him home and settled in. So we had Thanksgiving with just our little family (sounds like a lot of us did that this year!). I was pretty proud of the girls and myself. We had everything done at the same time and all of the traditional items. Daphne looked at the table right before she said the prayer and said, "I am just so happy right now." haha. In the meantime, Norris had taken a bad turn (I guess that can happen after routine surgery if you're 77 with diabetes and a bad heart...) and was moved into ICU. Bunny called right before we sat down to dinner so Ken could tell Norris where he was and what was going on. He wouldn't believe Bunny. The girls and I were a bit freaked out overhearing the conversation until Ken hung up and started laughing. We had thought maybe he was losing his mind--turns out they had just upped his meds considerably. :) Thanksgiving night the girls and I went to the last Twilight movie. I quite liked it. Then Daphne went and spent the night at the hospital (she and Emmy have been trading off Bunny and Ken. They need someone in his room with him because he keeps trying to escape.) and I went home and went to bed until 6:30. Hit all the stores AFTER the rush and got some great deals and about finished up my shopping. Hate to think of us all going back into our schedules of work and school tomorrow--the time off has been a lot of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving with just the nine of you. We thought about T day at the Arnolds while we were making the pretzel salad. (The picture in my recipe book is of the salad on your lace tablecloth.) We can't wait to see everyone in just a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteSheesh that is quite the thanksgiving! Sounds really fun besides the hospital part. Are you guys heading to mom's at all during the holidays??? Sure hope so!
ReplyDeleteGood job on being almost done with your Christmas shopping! That's impressive! Sounds like you guys had an eventful Thanksgiving :)
ReplyDeleteGood thing I have this blog to learn about your life! Darcy was asking about Norris and I had no idea! I just talked to you after it had just happened and I thought it was over!
ReplyDelete