Sunday, November 11, 2012

Peterson's

Tuesday I refreshed the election coverage every minute or two convinced Mitt was going to win and then went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night, went to look at the computer swore at the results and went to bed with nightmares. Well, we got our house plans done! (two hours before the zoning meeting) and I went to the zoning meeting and got our plans approved! We are in the process of getting bids right now and HOLY everything is so expensive. When we got done getting our bids we will decide if we are going to do it or not. We are doing the contracting and it is....confusing. Who knew you had to have a separate person for excavating, footings and foundation?! Not me. It will definitely be a learning experience. We made sugar cookies on Saturday and when I got the dough out of the fridge Miles was trying to roll it out, it was REALLY stiff and he kept saying under his breath "Holly shoot!", it was pretty cute. This is what our house might look like. If you ask Dan he is not a fan of the porch, and the left side our house if "visually heavy" :) Mom gave us some fabulous suggestions that fixed up the original drawing a lot so this looks much better. We keep thinking we should just build a new house but we just can't seem to give up our location, yard and barns. Besides the fact that I just really love this house.
The kids had their primary program today. Maizy gave a talk on the tree of life, Millie said her three sentences without any help (even if it looked like she was reading it, she was looking at the pictures I drew for reminders) and Miles was just supposed to say "Jesus teaches me to choose the right" but he added "Jesus help me be good, choose the right" while Tommy cried for "Mama" most of the meeting.

3 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. We loved your post, and your house plan looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--I love the narrower windows and the octagon. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan thinks it is a big improvement! :) and now you know you can ask him his advice on anything and get the truth! Ha! I personally really like it!

    ReplyDelete