Sunday, November 11, 2012

The United State of Texas



So, in picture one, Kristie snapped a shot of Isaac being a doggy for Hazel.  She played like this forever and then when Isaac was done, she put the leash on herself and tried to keep going.
Picture two is of the cuties on a date this week.  I love these girls.
Picture three is of Kristie holding the whole, (head on, vein in, tail flapping) shrimp before peeling and eating it.  We went with some new friends to a place called the Boiling Crab.  They put butcher paper over the table and plastic bibs on the patrons and then bring out a plastic bag full of cajun spices, sausage, corn cobs, crawfish, crablegs, shrimp and stuff.  No utensils, just your fingers.  It was good.  I was proud of Kristie, too.  She didn't ever gag, (but she was still hungry when we left.)

We are getting excited for the new era of America.  It will be nice to finally have done with all the poor people and all.  Once the Affordable Care Act kicks in we are planning on having many more babies and getting the surgeries we have always wanted.  I am excited to finally be able to share my means with my neighbors in a compelled but caring way and hope that they never have to be burdened with the once terrifying thoughts of getting work or earning a living.  It should be Nirvana, the perfect end of the founding father's dream for this great nation.  All thanks to our Dear Leader and the many, many socially conscious voters who daringly put their names to the ballot, (in some counties even more than 100% turned out, inspiring!) all in the effort to help others be our brother's keepers.  It is all so exciting, I have found it hard to sleep at night, disbelief and anxiousness revving up my brain and running me through all sorts of scenarios of what we narrowly escaped in the horrible near-reality of a conservative victory.  shudder.  Just think, if the racist Republicans would have been able to enact some sort of ID verification for voting in some of those swing states, or even if the deployed servicemen, (or warmongers,) had been able to vote, things could have gone all wrong.  

But remember, the future is only as bright as our faith.  

And this year only, Corey is allowed to play Christmas music before Kristie, but only instrumental, more specifically, Steven Sharp Nelson.

5 comments:

  1. This is Kristie. Just to add a few things:) At the Boiling Crab, a huge cockroach scampered along the wall behind my friend Mia as we dined. That's mostly why I stopped eating and left hungry:) But it really was fun. And thank you for drawing names. Looks great to us, we're very excited:) And today was our primary program also. They did it different here. Only a few kids got to give talks, the rest just sang the songs. Clara gave a talk about her baptism and did great. My other two sang wonderfully. I was even more nervous about this program than I was for the ones when I was primary president. This time I had to play the piano. It went pretty well. I only had minor mistakes and fixed them quick. Only Maddie seemed to catch on that I had messed up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Corey! You are depressing me!!! I just want Ronald Raegan to come back and save us. But hey, we couldn't get Mitt in and he is much more accessible than Ronald Raegan! I'm glad you guys look like you are having a fun adventure in your new location. I just kept telling myself when I was in Montana "Bloom where you are plante" but it looks like you don't need a pep talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! It looks like you guys are all settled in to your new home. Hope you still feel homesick for Idaho once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Kristie! I probably would have left hungry too! :) Tyler came across a big bug in the bathroom a few weeks ago. Not quite sure what it was, but it scurried under the cabinet before we could catch it. Haven't seen it since and that's fine by me!!

    I'm sure you did great playing the piano. I need to start practicing again. I think it's been about 12 years since I've played anything on the piano. We could really use some more music people here in Havasu. I have this fear of accompanying people though- I'm always afraid I will lose my place and not be able to find it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is so long kristie! You must really live Corey!! :) it looks very pretty!!
    Election was lame, your family is cute, your state is warm! The end:)

    ReplyDelete