Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is coming.....

Only 6 more days of work before Christmas!  I really do enjoy working at The Caramel Tree......it's just that a whole month of craziness can be.....well, CRAZY!  Chris told me this morning at church that I had 70 hours of overtime on the last payperiod ending yesterday....  And, that was with Wednesdays off  :)  Tanya and Shyenne had a lot more!  So, obviously, I don't have a lot more to say.  I did get off a little early on Friday so I could attend the graduation of my newest son in in law.  It was quite enjoyable!  Astoria was mostly a good little girl and didn't give her mother too much grief.  Oh, I do have a few more things to report... I now have a very cozy and toasty upstairs family room.....after almost five years, I finally had my gas fireplace installed.  I can't wait to have a chance to enjoy it!  Also, I have sooo enjoyed giving my Christmas gifts this year....thanks to a donation from a sweet and wonderful person who actually asked that their name remain secret. (no relation to our family)   I love the goodness in people!  I hope your nativities will give you much joy this year, and in the years to come!  Being gracious when others are so kind and generous is difficult....but, I must admit that I have loved every minute of  the giving to others that was made possible because of the  gift I received!  (did you follow that :) ) 

One more thing, Shyenne loves NOTHING more (well maybe a few things.....:)  ) than making fun of people when they make fools of themselves....mostly ME!  Sometime last year, someone gave some reflective jackets to Lynne and me to wear while walking in the dark.   This alone was enough to put Shyenne into fits of laughter...then one day while we were finishing our walk, the boys were hurrying to put out the flags so they could get to school.  ( it was some holiday...can't remember which one)  They saw us walking, and told me they couldn't find the spot where they were supposed to put mine.....well, since they were so rushed, I offered to take a flag to my home.....totally not realizing how huge those things are, and what a spectacle I would make of myself walking down the stree in my bright vest, carrying an ENORMOUS flag!   Shyenne loved this story, so, being the good sport that I am and knowing it would be the best present she could possibly receive, I asked Dan to take pictures, and guilted Lynne into joining in on the gift.  The results were perfect!

6 comments:

  1. OH my gosh Mom! That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! I can't stop laughing!!!! And I love love love my new nativity! I put it up on my bookshelf and I just love looking at it. I'm glad you were able to give them too. Not just because I'm the recipient (although there is that... :)but I agree it is so much fun to give. Especially when it's such a nice gift. Next year it gets my hall table--front and center! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, Lynne said she shouldn't have had to carry a flag, since technically she didn't carry one originally, and she complained that I didn't ever look like that( my hair is pretty much a train wreck when I wake up in the morning, as you all know so well....."grandma, your hair is caraaaazy" ) when I walk....she of course does....she was right on both counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha results were indeed Perfect!!! I love these pictures! And I also love love my nativity! I think it is so special that all of us have the same nativity now! Thanks so much mother! I can't even fathom 70 hours of OVERTIME!!! Overtime. overtime. sheesh! ya crazy lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHha ha! I love those pictures! Just thinking of that story makes me laugh really hard too! Did you give her the card yet? Do you remember that I spoke for one? :) You told me who the "anonymous" donor was. I didn't know it was to remain a secret. I LOVE my nativity as well! It has found a perfect home where no one touches it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are soooo funny!! You have a good friend for her to agree to something like that :) It's been exciting to get gifts and cards from family members in the mail- especially the Nativity! We love it! I have to admit I thought for sure it was Caramel Tree goodies when you wanted us to open it right away, but I am very glad we get to enjoy the Nativity from now until Christmas and for years to come! :) What an awesome gift! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve LOVE the card, did you make one for everyone?? it is just too funny! makes me smile everytime i look at it! we are also LOVING the nativity! I have wanted this one for so long, it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete