I finally got up my second tree! And we're decorating the kid's tree with all of their ornaments tonight. I have a few more gifts to buy and I'm done. I am enjoying this holidays season so much more than last year when I was sweating out my last class until a few days before Christmas--I have felt cheated of that all year!
Still not a lot going on here at our house. I feel like I am running all the time and never really accomplishing anything--but I love it! I love my calling, I love my job, and I really love the people I live with. So, although those three things keep conflicting with each other and keep my running, I don't think I would change a thing....well, I maybe would prefer to not work...but it is a great job that I love.
I have the day off today because Caleb needed a root canal (how cool are sick days? What a great invention!). I was so happy because they noticed that his wisdom tooth was coming in where the sick tooth was so they took an x-ray and we decided to just remove the tooth and let the wisdom tooth be his back molar. So instead of a root canal I got to pay for an extraction. And that is my excitement for the day. Well, that and cases of oranges at Lee's are only 14$. See what I mean about my life not being too exciting?! :)
About my family: the three little guys are still having fun with drama club. It's Mondays and Wednesdays after school and they are working on Peter Pan. It will be quite the production in the spring! haha Sam is a pirate, Asher is Michael, Lily is Nana (yes, the dog) and a lost boy, and Maizy is the narrator Bron still likes Middle School and choir. The school called a couple of weeks ago and asked how I felt about putting her back in resource one hour a day--I was thrilled. I wasn't very confident last year when they kind of bullied and condescended me into passing her out of resource. Huh. Turns out her mom knew what she was talking about. Go figure. She now goes for an hour for homework help and extra reading help. She's really happy with this set-up. Caleb just bought himself an old beat-up motorcycle and is in heaven. Luckily it doesn't always work so I haven't had to be too stressed about him riding it much yet! Daphne takes her driving test next week and is over-the-moon. I've never seen a girl so excited about driving. Of course, now that FFA and her stake youth committee are ramping up for convention and trek, it will be nice to not be running her around alllllllll the time! Emmy came out again yesterday. It was fun to have her here and just stay and hang out and visit for a while. She's in the middle of finals and was able to assure me that she was pretty she's passing all of her classes. (of note: "pretty sure" and "passing"...).
And I guess that's about all I have to say right now! I do have to take advantage of being home alone in the middle of the day--that North Pole village isn't going to set itself up, after all! :)
Love you all!!!!!!!
I guess I'm going to have to take a trip to Ut in the spring.....Peter Pan sounds like a lot of fun! So glad you are still loving your job! Such cute pictures of your kids that megan put on her post! :)
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for the blog since you didn't tell me the three times I was talking to you today that oranges were on sale! Luckily I read this before I went to town and now we have a giant box too!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I actually thought, as I was typing it, "oh, I need to remember to tell Meg this..." Ooops! Glad you saw it here. :)
ReplyDelete