Sunday, December 2, 2012

Millie is almost 5!

Saturday was all about Millie. Her birthday is on Tuesday and Joel will be gone so I let her choose between a party and the Fun Park and she chose wisely. The Fun Park! We loved it! There is a giant jungle gym and the kids played for two hours straight as hard as they could, only stopping for drinks. I let the kids each invite a friend. Miles wanted Asher, Millie wanted Sam and of course Maizy wanted Lilly and Bronwyn which worked out good for us and the Arnolds. I let Maizy also invite her BFF Hannah since she is moving this month. Millie decided after months of being excited, that she didn't want to get her ears pierced because she thought they would use a needle. I explained to her that they didn't, but no amount of coercion helped until.... I pulled out the big guns and told her that I thought a new animal would help her be brave enough. Yes, as a matter of fact, she believed it would, and that was all it took. Her eyes popped open wide when they did it and that was it. She went silent, which, who knows what that means with Millie? She said it didn't really hurt and now she just LOVES her earrings. We had Bridget buy us a coat for her in Oregon and she wore it for pictures that she and Tommy had on Friday. Tommy was bossing around the photographer and he let him! He was trying to arrange Tommy on a chair and Tommy said "I want this chair" and went and got another chair and the photographer said that was okay and tried to get T to sit in it. Well Tommy went and got the bear and put the bear in it and stood behind the chair posing with it! It was cute but the photographer just shot the flash to make Tommy happy and then he cooperated pretty well. I don't know what our Relief Society President was thinking but I got called to the Music Committee. She said she was trying to think outside of the box but boy was she EVER! Joel also got an additional calling and is charge of "fitness" for the trek. Fun huh? And just an FYI for everyone, when a box of hair color says "deep chestnut brown" it means kind of blackish reddish. Kids and husband aren't a fan but hopefully it will mellow after a couple days of washing it. 








































I was in the kitchen on the other side of the island and Joel was taking the garbage out when I heard Tommy laughing hysterically which usually isn't a good thing. I walked around the island and this is what I saw! They were having a flower fight and Tommy was winning! See the swipes on the floor between them? They got scared when they saw me and both tried to hide it by brushing it away! Miles started trying to clean off his pants too.




3 comments:

  1. So much that I need to comment on! The first being your new calling! She must have seen some footage of our 'bright eyes' duet!!! Haha. Second-happy bday to little earring girl!! Third-miles and tommy are the cutest brothers ever! I can't wait for you guys to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture and story about Miles and Tommy had me seriously laughing out loud. I love that they tried to hide it! And that top picture of Tommy is hilarious/adorable. He is too cute! And what a fun calling! I'm sure you'll be great at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo, what exactly do you do when you are on the music committee? I just love all of the pictures....looks like Miles and Tommy are finally getting to be pretty good friends...So cute!

      Delete