Loving summer this year! We haven't turned on the AC yet and the weather is perfect for open windows overnight. I have a (very) tiny but so far successful garden, I have cleaned the freezer, the garage, the porches, and the flower beds, I have read three books and started on next year's lesson plans. Next week I start on "spring cleaning" the house and making freezer mixes for meals and taking on my neglected scrap books . It just occurred to me yesterday that I am working like I return to work on Monday and I could actually slow down. Wish I hadn't thought that. I am kind of a slave to my subconscious. I will now have to fight it the rest of the summer to get stuff done!
 |
| This is where I read. Heaven, huh? |
 |
| Slightly crooked picture of my festive house. We put up the bunting on Flag Day and take it down on Labor Day. They're kinda cheesy, I admit, but they make me very happy. I am currently pricing some slightly classier ones for next summer. :) | | | |
|
Everyone is well and happy here. Still loving having Em home with us. We still don't know how long she will be here we will have a better idea this next week. I hope it's long term. I am still super sad that my babies aren't all little tiny, thinking I'm cool, and needing me all the time--but I'm learning to love this new phase of life too.
We have no pigs. Not one. How weird is that? The kids are cleaning the barns (as those of you who follow me on facebook are probably very aware!) And we've ordered some new ones that will be here the end of August. In the mean time we may have to get used to the taste of store-bought pork! I'm also trying to decide if I have the energy to assign deep cleaning assignments here at the house! It's nice having extra hands (as we have had since about January and will continue to have. Our pork operation is going to be more hobby-sized) but so far I just tell the kids to each pick a room. LOVE the help!
Well, as I'm sure you've surmised there's not a lot going on here (and oh how I love that). We're really excited to see everyone. We will be coming on the 6th and 7th (maybe the night of the 5th). See you all then!
Love you all!
I love how your house and yard look! It's fun to have you back writing on the blog. :) Emmy?
ReplyDeleteThis is Kristie. Love the pictures. I want to read on your porch and look at those mountains, and have a cool breeze at night... ahhhh..... It will be fun to see you, glad you're coming to idaho.
ReplyDelete