Joel and I went on a fun date last night. We went out to eat at Cafe Sabor (YUM!) and did a little Christmas shopping. When we got home Tommy was in bed but was fussing and woke up a few times. Finally at midnight he was crying for Daddy of course, so Joel went to get him and he had thrown up. He got in our bed and threw up, so Joel took him out to the couch to sleep (Joel has to do this because Tommy will NOT let me take him when his precious Daddy is home) and he threw up a couple of more times. So Tommy and I stayed home from church since Joel teaches and he was fine! Hopefully no one else comes down with it!
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Petersons
Unfortunately, the rooster and turkey are still alive. I'm not sure if we are even going to get turkey for our Thanksgiving! Joel just keeps putting it off and I'm not in a big hurry to pluck and cook my little huge friend either. On the other hand, if I had been able to catch the rooster on Saturday I would have killed him with my bare hands! We were outside cleaning out, and putting fresh straw in the coop so the chickens were out in the yard. Tommy was standing out by the run against the fence. We heard him scream and looked up. The rooster was in front of him all puffed up but we didn't see anything and it kind of happened in slow motion. Tommy was still screaming and the rooster jumped up at him but it was so fast we didn't really see what happened. Maizy had seen the first attack and the rooster had jumped up and grabbed Tommy with his talons I ran at him and grabbed Tommy and he had one scratch across his cheek and jaw and another one across his collar bone. The rooster is almost as tall as Tommy and it had to be terrifying to have him jump at him and scratch him! Tommy walked around saying "Turkey mean", "Turkey hurt me". Hopefully Thursday he will "get the ax" literally, along with the turkey. (nailed it!) Tommy was walking around the house one night saying "Joeeeeeelllll, Joeeeeeeellllll, where's Joel?" I thought it was pretty funny. The next morning when I went to get him out of bed the first thing he said was "Where's Joel?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness, why are those silly animals still alive????? Poor little Tommy didn't have the best of weeks with the attack and now the throw-ups! I wish we could have seen you this weekend but glad you got to go on a fun date! (The chimichangas are sooo good there)
ReplyDeleteI almost got a chimichanga! I asked Joel if he thought they would make a chimichanga for me but not fry it and he said "Yeah, it is called a burrito".
ReplyDelete