I am getting way too old! Every day at school I have to ask my classes what we did the week before and now I am sitting in front of the computer and can think of nothing this week worthy of note!
Emmy (and Domino) came out to visit us today. She came after work last night (about midnight) and slept in the family room. I heard her come in but apparently Ken didn't until Domino came running in and trying to jump up on our bed. Haha! I am still laughing out loud to remember Ken's reaction. I don't think he got back to sleep too soon! :) It was so much fun to have her here again for a while.
I am still loving my job but am a little discouraged about it today. I got my retirement information and found out my original plan will never work. I had wanted to work about ten years--then the farm, house, and student loans will all be gone. But to get my retirement money (and we calculated--definitely worth waiting for) I have to work until I'm 65. I know, I know--this is what normal people do but it is definitely a downer. This grown-up, real-world stuff is no fun! :) Well, I still have the summers to play SAHM, I guess! I am grateful for that.
I am excited for tomorrow. I took the day off for a legislative luncheon for MY PTA (not the one where I work). I will be here to see the kids off to school and when they get home. I am also planning on putting up both my villages! I put up one of my nativities this last weekend and didn't feel like I was cheating to listen to Christmas music while I cleaned. My favorite radio station has also been playing straight Christmas music for about a week. Loving this time of year.
I am still missing three teeth (I can pop the front one back in which I do for public-I know, can I get any more redneck?) And find I am having a hard time finding a dentist on my insurance I trust. I MISS MY OLD DENTIST!!! It is fun to see all these posts from everyone in the far-flung parts of the country but I still miss the days when we weren't so spread out!
Well, this next week I'll try to notice more of what goes on around me so I can make a more interesting post...
Okay,what is SAHM.....? So happy to hear that Emmy is visiting home now and then.
ReplyDeletehaha! Stay at home mom... :)
ReplyDeleteYou have to work until 65 to get your money?! That is crazy. You so had your heart set on 10 years!
ReplyDeleteIf you can come to Texas for a few weeks I can fix your teeth. Or maybe we can try it on Skype! :)
ReplyDeletei vote you try it on skype. Give one of her kids the tube of super glue and see how it turns out. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'm game. Wonder which one of the kids I should have help... :) Corey, some day, when I'm rich, I'm gonna come and have you get me some pretty new teeth like Josh's!
ReplyDelete