Sunday, April 21, 2013

Peterson's update

Hello everyone! Soooo....we had a pretty quiet uneventful week. I got to see my Mother for a few minutes, that is always fun! Since apparently Aleisa and I can't see each other for more than 5 minutes a week, I couldn't stay at her house long enough to visit long. The power went out in the two upstairs bedrooms and it wasn't a big deal until T got sick. Getting up in the middle of the night and changing crib bedding three times with a flashlight isn't fun! We got flatwork done Friday morning, not the best timing. He told us it would be fine if the rain would just hold out until 4:00....well....at 1:30 it started raining. They covered it up with tarps and I peaked yesterday and the beautifully glassy surface doesn't look so smooth anymore. I guess we will have to see what it looks like tomorrow when they uncover it.
          The most exciting thing EVER happened on Wednesday! We were at Maizy's school about a month ago and I told Joel that learning to hula hoop was on my bucket list. I had never been able to do it and I was determined to learn! My Mother IS a hula hooping champion so I should be able too right? On the way out we happened upon  a cart of hula hoops, PERFECT! Well I grabbed one and Joel kept walking because he has learned to just avoid situations with me that he sees as a high probability of being embarrassing. Well I tried a could of times and I was given encouragement by a little boy who was walking down the hall and decided I needed some moral support. He told me he thought it was really hard too. Well when I caught back up with Joel I told him I was never going to learn. He laughed that I had just put it on my bucket list (the only item on my bucket list) and had already given up. I told him it was just impossible for me. Then Wednesday I was in Walmart with my kids and there was a big display of hula hoops. I ran and grabbed one and tried it in the isle again. I asked Maizy to show me how to start it, she showed me and then put hers away and tried to walk away but....I did it!! I screamed a few times in delight and Maizy actually said "Oh my gosh" under her breath and tried to act like she wasn't with me! Isn't she too young to get embarrassed at something as cool as hula hooping in the isle at Walmart? Now I need to buy one so I can keep practicing! :)
         Joel is going for an 8 day shift (UGH!) and it is Maizy's birthday party on Friday. She is SO excited to have her birthday! We have heard about it for weeks! Maybe next week we will have some pictures!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for going along with me on the Hula Hoop champion thing!:) No matter what, I was pretty amazing at it, until, that is, I completely lost the ability to perform the simple task. I'm pretty sad about it......:( oh, and just so you know, I would have been way down the Isle ahead of Joel and Maizy the minute you headed for the bin of Hula Hoops. I love you dearly, but.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't get my comment to publish, so I wrote another one and they both worked. :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't remember Mom being a hu-pster. Clara won the hula hoop competition at the daddy-daughter campout last november. It must be genetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hula-hoop story- so funny :) Happy Birthday to Maizy this week! Hope your party is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what is going on your bucket list next? Jumping? ;)

    ReplyDelete